Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please rate my planned purchase
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please rate my planned purchase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig_F
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Please rate my planned purchase Reply with quote

I am in the final stages of making a purchase for a sat nav system, but before i do, i'd appreciate a bit of input from you guys on both the prospective setup, and the retailers.

I currently own a Ipaq H2210 and plan to use the bluetooth of this PDA with my sat nav kit, my thoughts are these:

GPS Reciever - Socket OEM Bluetooth GPS Receiver From Expansys :http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119717

Cradle - Brodit Active Holder with Car charge for 2210 from PDAHut http://www.pdahut.com/store/product.php?productid=16481&cat=631&page=1

512mb CF card (I wont be driving in europe, so I figure this should be a nice round figure for storing UK maps)

Tom Tom 3 (Purchased from a friend)

Satellite navigation bracket from dashmount (no holes, mounting, and used in the past).

Any feedback on these would be gratefully recieved
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok. Be aware that TomTom Navigator needs to be activated on each Pocket PC. If your"friend" has already activated the software two times then you will have to wait 6 months before re-activation.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Craig_F
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, must say it was late last night when i posted originally and after doing a search through the forums, found a lot of info, if only i'd used the search function!! Embarassed

Most of the places that I have the kit lined up to come from i've shopped with in the past, however PDA hut is'nt one i've heard of. has anyone had any good/bad experiences of these?

I did do a search for this, but nothing turned up Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: