Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTNav2: What’s the best POI add-on prog?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTNav2: What’s the best POI add-on prog?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTNav2: What’s the best POI add-on prog? Reply with quote

Try these, Crystal and Mike are a collection of Female & Male Voice .wavs for Gatso Warnings created using AT&T's Natural Voices Speech Synthesis Application and optimised for TTNav.
simkna
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTNav2: What’s the best POI add-on prog? Reply with quote

I have a nice "Bing bong - speed camera ahead" warning with an english female voice that I made. I have modulated the volume to be the same as the TTNav files. If one of the pocketgps guys wants I can email it to them to put on this site.

Si.
Teece
Occasional Visitor

Thanks guys for the wave files, much appreciated.

On the topic of way points I too use checkpoint and think it would make it almost perfect companion to TTN2 if it have the some type of waypoint functionality like GPSAssist.    
Iphone 4s
Nokia N95
Audi A4 TDie Technik PEARL BLACK
Audi A4 TDie PEARL Aruba Blue - Gone
Audi A4 TDi PEARL BLACK - Gone
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Dear All,

Thanks for the replies. I've now been using CheckPOInt for a couple of days with the .WAV files provided by Darren (thanks for those Darren). I agree that CheckPOInt is a great piece of software, especially when it is used with .WAV files.

However Nigel has a point about waypoint routing, which is easier than placing avoids all over the place. So does anyone know when Jo is going to release a version of GPSAssist for TTNav2? I also seem to remember Jo talking about OSGB grid reference position handling.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
NigelJ
Regular Visitor

I use GPSAssist as I usually use the waypoint option as I don't like being told I must use a particular Motorway by a machine! Particularly when the machine cannot take into account the fact that the Motorway is usually packed solid at the time I would be routed onto it.

So I find the provision of a waypoint router very useful otherwise I would use Checkpoint.

Nigel
davidclack
Lifetime Member

Teece, the .wav files I use are the same ones as Darren has provided links to, I find Mike the clearer of the two and it is easy to distinguish from TTN voice.

David
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

I have found some good wav files at the folowing URL http://dgl.microsoft.com/. I have settled on the sound of a Camera and the sound of a cash register, which are both relatively easy to determine over the sound of the radio.

I did play around with pig sounds and sirens but they tended to raise a few questions when I was in the middle of phone conversations. I did find the sound of an old fashioned flash bulb - that was quite good.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Cheers TBG!
TheBoyGroucho
Regular Visitor

BTW...Top job with the new camera database.
TheBoyGroucho
Regular Visitor

Here is a two tone alarm .wav that I use.

right click and save target as
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I’m running TomTom Navigator 2 (currently TTNav 2.02) and I’d like to use a TomTom add-on program for POI interaction (i.e. detection, manipulation, configuration). As far as I can see there are two contenders: POI-Warner; and GPSAssist. Are there any more add-ons?

Whilst my primary reason for an add-on is ease of use on the POI front, I’m also a gadget freak who likes extras!

What’s the best POI add-on at the moment, and are there any new versions of the above add-ons, which have been designed to make use of the new features in TTNav2?

Thanks,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Teece
Occasional Visitor

Davidclak,

Would you please posting your Checkpoint speed wav files? I am currently using Checkpoint but cannot find any suitable wav files for safety camera warnings. Also if any body has any other specific POI warnings it would be great if we had made these available for download here. WE have lots of POI's but no wav files; Dave (pocketgps) is that possible.

Thanks.
Iphone 4s
Nokia N95
Audi A4 TDie Technik PEARL BLACK
Audi A4 TDie PEARL Aruba Blue - Gone
Audi A4 TDi PEARL BLACK - Gone
davidclack
Lifetime Member

I think Checkpoint is a superb program, I use a couple of .wav files that state "speed camera ahead" and "warning speed camera" at 15 and 5 second intervals, these give me plenty of time to 'check my speed' When I used gps assist I quickly got fed up with constant warnings - especially on the A14 and best of all checkpoint is free.

David
nicknick
Regular Visitor

Remember that you also get the countdown bar with Checkpoint which gives you a visual countdown to the POI

Nick
TheBoyGroucho
Regular Visitor

CheckPOInt does it for me, especially being free!

I find the warning system works fine...the two tone alarm .wav I use for the last warning can't be ignored.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: