Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Acer, Destinator and Speed Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer, Destinator and Speed Cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branny,

Basically there are two ways of doing this.

The way destinator is initally setup Auto Alert 1&2 have the same warning message eg. 141.wav

You can either live with this and use a non-specific voice message and save it to

mobile device/ my pocket pc \DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Voice\All
as 141.wav file

or you can edit DestinatorVoiceManeuvers file and use a different voice message for auto alert 1 & 2.

These have to be copied into
mobile device/ my pocket pc \DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Voice\All

The way I have mine set-up is "speed camera warning" for Auto alert 1 and "Red light warning" for Auto Alert 2.

If you are not confident with editing the file (or just want the easy route) you can drop me your email address and I'll email you the necessary files.

Cheers

MikeyF

PS. Site Mods, when will you be updating the site with the instructions and Files I sent you. This would save a lot of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AllyCat
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks, to all those who have worked towards getting the safety camera database working with Destinator. It probably needs quite a detailed FAQ, but here are a few observations and tips I've found with the Acer N30/Destinator3 bundle. Have others found the same or different?

First a few snags: Installing the safety camera database increases the program startup time from less than ten seconds to around half a minute. However, you can untick the Auto Alert selections (Destinate : Favorites) to make it start quickly the next time.
Sound alerts can only be produced with the two "Auto Alerts" and unfortunately these can't be set to a range of 200 yards (which would be perhaps optimum for the first Redlight or second Speed alerts), presumably because it's used for normal navigation instructions.
Also, although you can apparently select an alert range of 50 yards (Destinate : Favorites : highlight AutoAlert N : Tools : Edit), after saving, the Alert appears unticked again.

It's a good idea to put speed cameras into one Auto Alert file and Redlights in the other (smaller) file. Then, for testing you can set an alert point say 150 yards from home (tap on the map, select Favorites, enter a name (early in the alphabet so it will appear at the top of the list), set Category to Auto Alert 2, and Save) and test by walking from home. You can delete it again by selecting Destinate : Favorites : highlight Auto Alert 2 : tap Items and wait! The Redlight list should appear in about 15 seconds, but the Speed camera list locks up the PPC for nearly ten minutes (if not totally!).

You can have fun editing the DestinatorVoiceManeuvres.inf file, even directly on the PPC using for example Pocket Notepad:
Remarkably, the long standing "three miles to roundabout bug" can be fixed simply by changing the "3" to "3*2" in the appropriate roundabout intruction line (compare with the turn commands).
Nearly all the voice instructions have a distance parameter, so you can set up different notifications such as "Redlight alert in 400 yards". Quite detailed sentences can be created by separating the wav file names by semicolons. However, even if the text string (within quotes) in the Alert lines of the maneuvres file is changed, Destinator still just displays "Auto Alert N" on the screen.

Creating new files by chopping up the present voice files (I used Nero wave editor, but there must be many others) allows completely different commands to be created. For example, I find "Continue 2 miles to the roundabout, first exit" preferable to the original, rather strange "Continue driving around the roundabout, first exit 3 miles". For close-spaced side roads in towns, I also prefer "In 200 yards, turn right" to "Turn right. 200 yards"! You can try out how sentences will sound by building them in the startnavigation ("Drive safely") line (enabled by Options : Alert Settings).

Cheers, Alan.
Memory Map (v5.4.2 & v5.1.3 OS & Euro), GPS gate,OSGPSconverter.
Pete2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the following to the Destinatorvoicemanoveurs (the top 2 sections are the originals):

::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,141,1000;;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,141,800;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,141,600;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,141,400;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,141,100;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,141,50;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"

::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,141,1000;;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,141,800;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,141,600;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,141,400;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,141,100;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,141,50;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"

::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Gatso*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,142,1000;;UNITS,"Poi Gatso"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Gatso*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,142,800;UNITS,"Poi Gatso"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Gatso*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,142,600;UNITS,"Poi Gatso"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Gatso*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,142,400;UNITS,"Poi Gatso"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Gatso*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,142,100;UNITS,"Poi Gatso"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Gatso*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,142,50;UNITS,"Poi Gatso"

::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Specs*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,143,1000;;UNITS,"Poi Specs"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Specs*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,143,800;UNITS,"Poi Specs"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Specs*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,143,600;UNITS,"Poi Specs"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Specs*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,143,400;UNITS,"Poi Specs"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Specs*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,143,100;UNITS,"Poi Specs"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Specs*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,143,50;UNITS,"Poi Specs"

::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Mobile*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,144,1000;;UNITS,"Poi Mobile"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Mobile*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,144,800;UNITS,"Poi Mobile"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Mobile*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,144,600;UNITS,"Poi Mobile"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Mobile*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,144,400;UNITS,"Poi Mobile"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Mobile*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,144,100;UNITS,"Poi Mobile"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Mobile*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,144,50;UNITS,"Poi Mobile"

::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Redlight*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,145,1000;;UNITS,"Poi Redlight"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Redlight*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,145,800;UNITS,"Poi Redlight"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Redlight*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,145,600;UNITS,"Poi Redlight"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Redlight*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,145,400;UNITS,"Poi Redlight"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Redlight*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,145,100;UNITS,"Poi Redlight"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Redlight*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,145,50;UNITS,"Poi Redlight"

::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Temp*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,146,1000;;UNITS,"Poi Temp"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Temp*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,146,800;UNITS,"Poi Temp"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Temp*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,146,600;UNITS,"Poi Temp"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Temp*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,146,400;UNITS,"Poi Temp"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Temp*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,146,100;UNITS,"Poi Temp"
::MW,FAVORITES_ALERT_Temp*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,146,50;UNITS,"Poi Temp"

Then made some wav files for the Gatso, specs, mobile etc and saved these in destinator apps/destinator/commomn/interface/voice/all as 142 (gatso), 143 (specs) etc.

Wouldn't give warning until I ticked auto alert 1 & 2 but warned of gatso's on m25 coming home this evening - will have to wait till i pass some of the other types to see if they all work.

Obviously you have to have imported the seperate csv files to favorites first.

Just got to figure out how to change the "Auto Alert 1" that flashes onto the screen to " Camera ahead".

Cheers

Pete2
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyF wrote:
Whilst I have enclosed the instruction part I need one of the site's mods to contact me with an email address so I can send the voice message files. Also at this stage I can tell them to change the message on the bottom of the download page which says the site doesn't support destinator.

Are the voice files available anywhere yet please?

Cheers

Mark
Pete2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregard my earlier post - still not working correctly :x
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the snippet from my DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf file:

::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"

::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,warn_specs;warn_specs,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,warn_specs;warn_specs,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,warn_specs;warn_specs,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,warn_specs;warn_specs,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,warn_specs;warn_specs,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,warn_specs;warn_specs,"Poi Alert 2"

I have place a warn_gatso wav file and a warn_specs wav file into the voices/ all folder. When I approach the cameras, all I get is "Favourites alert 1 or 2" and not the "warning Gatso" file I have installed.
nunew33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldnt it be

::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,warn_gatso,1000;;UNITS,"Poi Alert 1"
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the system to use the "warning gatso" and "warning specs" to work by changing the "Poi Alert 1" and "Poi Alert 2" to work by making the end quotes "Warning Gatso" and "Warning Specs", but there is no distance warning. Having just seen the post by nunew33, I shall adjust my file and see if it works.

Thanks

Mark
steve404
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Speed Cameras etc Reply with quote

Guys,

Just trying to keep up with you GPS Wizards..........

Successfully downloaded the camera databases onto my N35 with destinator 3, but............

The database works fine and is fully functioning when I approach a safety camera, but I am only given the audible warning 'FAVOURITES ALERT ONE, and the visual warning is the red exclamation alert with yellow background. How can I easily alter these alerts to an audible 'CAMERA' alert and a visual 'CAMERA' icon?

Its sounds like it should be easy, but my brain can't fathom it.

Any guidance appreciated........

Suppose I could go out and buy the new AA speed camera atlas :D

Steve
nunew33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, in the line i quoted warn_gatso is the name of the wav file. Simply record a wav file for the camera and name it whatever you want and ensure its in the same place as warn_gatso in the line i quoted. You can even make a different wav for each distance/poi alert combination.

regarding icon, simply create bmp icon and name it Either "Auto Alert 1.bmp" or "Auto Alert 2" and replace the default on in \Destinator Apps\Destinator\Common\Favorites
dengor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound for 'Safety Cameras' Reply with quote

Mystery wrote:
Follow the excelent instructions given by MickeyF
Then
I have adapted the file necessary to warn of Gatsos and Traffic Light cameras.The file is below in all its glory, all you need to do is copy and paste to wordpad and save as destinatorvoicemaneuvers.inf (Note Lower case filename)

{:Standard Voices Maneuvers:}

LANGUAGE=ENG

//
// All the fields must be placed in one line. The fields will divided by commas.
//
// Fields description:
// 1) ::MC The maneuver command is a key word.
// 2) A command is being built from two parts (each part is a key word). The two
// parts will be divided by a ‘*’ sign. The first part will describe the maneuver name
// (TURN_LEFT for example) and the second part will describe the distance
// (THIRD_DISTANCE for example).
// 3) For future use, (‘0’ will be entered).
// 4) to N) The words from which the sentence is built. Each word (or words) between two
// commas must refer to a wav files with the same name which exists in the same
// folder as the information file, (if a file or a command for that matter will not be
// found silent mode will be activated).
// The max value of ‘N’ will be ‘13’, (will allow a ten words sentence).
// N+1) The maneuver textual description, (will be written between quotation marks -
// commas are possible).

// FIRST_DISTANCE - three kilometers / two miles.
// SECOND_DISTANCE - five hundred yards/meters.
// THIRD_DISTANCE - two hundred yards/meters.
// FOURTH_DISTANCE - thirty meters, no distance will be specified.

::MC,TURN_LEFT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,t_l;3*2;UNITS,"Left turn 3/2 miles / three kilometers"
::MC,TURN_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,t_l;500;UNITS,"Left turn five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,TURN_LEFT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,t_l;200;UNITS,"Left turn two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,TURN_LEFT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,t_l,"Turn left"

::MC,TURN_RIGHT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,t_r;3*2;UNITS,"Right turn 3/2 miles/kilometers"
::MC,TURN_RIGHT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,t_r;500;UNITS,"Right turn five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,TURN_RIGHT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,t_r;200;UNITS,"Right turn two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,TURN_RIGHT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,t_r,"Turn right"

::MC,KEEP_LEFT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,k_l;3*2;UNITS,"Keep left 3/2 miles/kilometers"
::MC,KEEP_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,k_l;500;UNITS,"Keep left five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,KEEP_LEFT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,k_l;200;UNITS,"Keep left two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,KEEP_LEFT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,k_l,"Keep left"

::MC,KEEP_RIGHT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,k_r;3*2;UNITS,"Keep right 3/2 miles/kilometers"
::MC,KEEP_RIGHT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,k_r;500;UNITS,"Keep right five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,KEEP_RIGHT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,k_r;200;UNITS,"Keep right two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,KEEP_RIGHT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,k_r,"Keep right"

::MC,EXIT_LEFT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,e_l;3*2;UNITS,"Keep left 3/2 miles/kilometers"
::MC,EXIT_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,e_l;500;UNITS,"Keep left five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,EXIT_LEFT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,e_l;200;UNITS,"Keep left two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,EXIT_LEFT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,e_l,"Keep left"

::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,e_r;3*2;UNITS,"Keep right 3/2 miles/kilometers"
::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,e_r;500;UNITS,"Keep right five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,e_r;200;UNITS,"Keep right two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,e_r,"Keep right"

::MC,U_TURN*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,u_t;3*2;UNITS,"U turn three 3/2 miles/kilometers"
::MC,U_TURN*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,u_t;500;UNITS,"U turn five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,U_TURN*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,u_t;200;UNITS,"U turn two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,U_TURN*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,u_t,"U turn"

::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,circle;EXIT_NUMBER;exit;3;UNITS,"Take round about xxxx exit 3/2 miles/kilometers"
::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,circle;EXIT_NUMBER;exit;500;UNITS,"Take round about xxxx exit five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,circle;EXIT_NUMBER;exit;200;UNITS,"Take round about xxxx exit two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,circle;EXIT_NUMBER;exit,"Take round about xxxx exit"

::MC,DESTINATION*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,app_destination;3*2;UNITS,"Approacing destination in 3/2 miles/kilometers"
::MC,DESTINATION*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,app_destination;500;UNITS,"Approacing destination in five hundred yards/meters"
::MC,DESTINATION*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,app_destination;200;UNITS,"Approacing destination in two hundred yards/meters"
::MC,DESTINATION*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,destination,"You Have Arrived"

//
// All the fields must be placed in one line. The fields will divided by commas.
//
// Fields description:
// 1) ::MW The multiple word command is a key word.
// 2) A command is being built from two parts (each part is a key word). The two
// parts will be divided by a ‘*’ sign. The first part will describe the command name
// RED_LIGHT_CAMERA for example) and the second part will describe the distance type
// DISTANCE_TYPE_800 for example).
// 4) For future use, (‘0’ will be entered).
// 5) to N) The words from which the sentence is built. Each word (or words) between two
// commas must refer to a wav files with the same name which exists in the same
// folder as the information file, (if a file or a command for that matter will not be
// The max value of ‘N’ will be ‘13’, (will allow a ten words sentence).
// N+1) The command textual description, (will be written between quotation marks -
// commas are possible).

::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,warn_gatso;warn_gatso,"Poi Alert 1"

::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,camredlight;camredlight,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,camredlight;camredlight,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,camredlight;camredlight,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,camredlight;camredlight,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,camredlight;camredlight,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,camredlight;camredlight,"Poi Alert 2"

//
//
// Fields description:
// 1) ::SW The single word is a key word.
// 2) The single word definition.
// 4) The relevant single word. The word must refer to a wav file with the same name which exists
// in the same folder as the information file, (if a file or a needed word for that matter will not be
// 5) The maneuver textual description, (will be written between quotation marks -
//

// Spacify:
// 1) First maneuver followed by second maneuver, (1).
// 2) Second maneuver followed by first maneuver, (2).
// No distance will be specified.
::SW,FOLLOWED_BY,0,0,(1);followed_by,"...Followed by..."

// Will be described by the letters combination 'UNITS'.
::SW,METERS,0,0,meters,"meters"
::SW,KILOMETERS,0,0,kmeters,"kilometers"
::SW,YARDS,0,0,yards,"yards"
::SW,MILES,0,0,miles,"miles"

// Will be described by the letters combination 'EXIT_NUMBER'.
::SW,FIRST,0,0,first,"first"
::SW,SECOND,0,0,second,"second"
::SW,THIRD,0,0,third,"third"
::SW,FOURTH,0,0,fourth,"fourth"
::SW,FIFTH,0,0,fifth,"fifth"
::SW,SIXTH,0,0,sixth,"sixth"
::SW,SEVENTH,0,0,seventh,"seventh"
::SW,EIGHTH,0,0,eighth,"eighth"
::SW,NINTH,0,0,ninth,"ninth"
::SW,TENTH,0,0,tenth,"tenth"

::SW,TURN_LEFT,0,0,t_l,"Turn left"
::SW,TURN_RIGHT,0,0,t_r,"Turn right"
::SW,KEEP_LEFT,0,0,k_l,"Keep left"
::SW,KEEP_RIGHT,0,0,k_r,"Keep right"
::SW,EXIT_LEFT,0,0,e_l,"Exit to the left"
::SW,EXIT_RIGHT,0,0,e_r,"Exit to the right"
::SW,U_TURN,0,0,u_t,"U turn"
::SW,ROUND_ABOUT,0,0,circle,"round about"

::SW,YOU_ARE_OVER_THE_SPEED_LIMIT,0,0,yaotsl,"You are over the speed limit"
::SW,ROUTE_RECALCULATION,0,0,yhltcr,"Route recalculation"
::SW,GPS_SIGNAL_TOO_LOW,0,0,signallow,"GPS signal too low"
::SW,GPS_NOT_FOUND,0,0,gpsnotfound,"GPS not found"
::SW,START_NAVIGATION,0,0,startnavigation,"Start navigation"
::SW,REACHED_DESTINATION,0,0,destination,"You have arrived to your destination"
::SW,TMC_MESSAGE_RECIEVED,0,0,132,"TMC Alert"

Do not copy the lines. They are there to help with copy paste only

Copy camredlight.wav, warn_gatso.wav from wav directory of unzipped file and the new destinatorvoicemaneuvers.inf from wav directory of unzipped file to Acer directory My Pocket PC/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Interface/Voice/All

Then start Destinator and you will get a Male voice giving a double warning of 'Warning Gatso' for Gatsos and 'Warning Traffic light Camera ahead'.
I decided to use the double warning as it can be quite fast and you may miss the first one .

I will later be working on a possible solution to seperating all the files and having different warnings for Static/Mobile/Temp etc

I have my warnings set at 800 and 400 yards and this gives adequate warnings. Be careful as any cameras close together that fall within this distance may not give another warning but the pictorials show on the map.
I have renamed the two files in alternative bmp files\colville\
pocketgps_uk_gatso.bmp to Auto Alert 1.bmp
pocketgps_uk_redlight.bmp to Auto Alert 2.bmp
and pasted them in to Acer directory My Pocket PC/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Favorites so now have Pictures that relate to Cameras etc show on map.
Have fun all. And hope this helps.

hi, newbie here :D
tried the above, but when starting destinator, it said it couldnt find destinatorvoicemaneuvers.inf? i replaced this inf file with the orginal (did a backup ;)), and it worked again. what could i have done wrong with the modified destinatorvoicemaneuvers.inf file?
stevejohno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: voicemaneuvers.inf Reply with quote

Hi I copied the files and it worked great. can only suggest that you check your copy and paste was O.K. and you did not misspell the file..
dengor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ill try that again.

but, let me recap...

u copy and paste that into wordpad. save as that file name. then copy that inf file into Pocket PC/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Interface/Voice/All ?

is that correct?
stevejohno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: voicemaneuvers file Reply with quote

yes that's correct. paste it into open folder if it's spelled o.k. it will ask you "file with this name exsists do you want to overwrite" click yes..good luck
travisb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dengor,

You did only copy the bits between the 2 soild lines?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: