Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom V5 - Expected Delivery Date?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom V5 - Expected Delivery Date?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: TomTom V5 - Expected Delivery Date? Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea as to how long we'll have to wait for delivery, based on the GO upgrades. I would assume that the upgrade has been released because they have been waiting for a warehouse full of upgrades. Therefore if they have taken my money and my order status says 'Warehouse' there should be no reason why it should take more than two days to ship ? ? ? Or am I missing something....ahh we're dealing with TomTom it'll be two weeks or more...

It was also interesting to see that they must of taken about 5000 orders on the first day, I placed two orders, one at about 10am the other at 7pm and there's 4300+ difference in the order numbers...
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On their web site they say up to 5 weeks
Robin
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmhh thats not good, for one they should not debit money from our accounts until they ship the goods, especially if its going to be this long. Secondly they have no excuse for this type of delay, the product is already late, and I would expect any good company to have available stock in a warehouse prior to announcing a new product.
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember it says up-to five weeks - I doubt that is their target. When you provide a delivery address they point out that an incorrect address could mean you don't get your upgrade for five weeks. This suggests that a correct address means you will get it earlier. Once posted, even ordinary mail from the Netherlands gets to me in London within 48 hours, but I guess they may be distributing from somewhere stupid like Ulan Bator!
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

julianbarker wrote:
Remember it says up-to five weeks - I doubt that is their target. When you provide a delivery address they point out that an incorrect address could mean you don't get your upgrade for five weeks. This suggests that a correct address means you will get it earlier. Once posted, even ordinary mail from the Netherlands gets to me in London within 48 hours, but I guess they may be distributing from somewhere stupid like Ulan Bator!

so I have to ask when will the Mongolian maps be released!

Laughing
Dazeck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been brave enough to ring TomTom to ask when my order will be despatched. The lady I spoke to would not tell me exactly when my order would be released but did say orders would be despatched in batches of 40000 (crikey) and a batch was due to go out next week. I am optimistic mine will be in the batch as I kept refreshing the upgrade page and ordered as soon as the link appeared.

However, if you do want it sooner, you may be better ordering the full version from retailers as it looks like they have stock today and if not, certainly Monday (so you could have it Tuesday)
Skids
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What retailers have you seen that have stock in please.

Also it looks like you cannot upgrade and get the new GPS receiver as well (you have to buy the full package!)

Does anyone know whether it is possible to buy the new TomTom BT receiver seperately and if so where from?

Many Thanks

Darren
insanity
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Does anyone know whether it is possible to buy the new TomTom BT receiver seperately and if so where from?

www.gpsforless.co.uk are listing the bluetooth receiver separately, but not in stock yet (and no price).
lsuhe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the earliest order number the people that ordered around 10am on 1st June have.

My order is in the region of 549000 and I read earlier up this post that some one rekons that between 10am and 7pm they shiped around 4300.

I orderd mine at 10:45pm UK time so I think I will be within the first 40,000 orders that are shipped next week. I really hope so anyway..

Any thoughts.

And does anyone from the Pocket GPS world team have a definitive answer if you get the full European maps down to street level included with the upgrade that you can use out of the box without having to pay money to unlock them or any other daft ideas

Cheers

Chris
Dazeck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order number is 000001.

Ok, you got me, I'm joking, it was 542xxx

As for the retailers, no stock today, but a few are saying shipping on Monday so you will get it Tuesday.

http://www.handtec.com/acatalog/Tomtom_3_Satnav_Kits.html

BTW. You can get the Original Tomtom 5 Bluetooth Receiver Sirf III and 20 Channel from Handtec for £130 inc of VAT but again it is not shipping until Monday 6th June.
lsuhe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazeck wrote:
My order number is 000001.

Ok, you got me, I'm joking, it was 542xxx

Doh! That's only about 7000 orderes apart, so we just have to hope that they send out 40,000 of the things next week, even though I think that the people that got the order in on the first day of the upgrade should get them sent out. I really don't know why they can't jsut say that it will take about a week, as that is realistic to send out 5 weeks is tooooo long. I'm so inpatient! :x

Cheers
Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: