Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheeseMeister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are TT selling here? Is it the upgrade or the card containing it? I ask as someone is selling 256mb cards with the upgrade on eBay for £30. They appear to include the updated mapping as he states

My uncle just bought a second unit for his business a month before the upgrade was released and is feeling a little ripped off now they want another £50 each to upgrade when he could have waited.

If they are only selling you a new card, I can source two new cards and find a copy of the upgrade. It just seems odd that they don't offer a download option.

Kev.
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but then you are missing an activation code, right ?!?

I mean Product code + devoce code = activation code.

The guy whi is selling the card on Ebay is most likely providing the Product code, but maybe already registered it with his own devide code....
so I'm wondering how you'll be abe to get an activation code, since your devide code is most likely diffe3rent than his device code ...
CheeseMeister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how it works but he has positive feedback for previous items, both UK
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75327&item=5779021163&rd=1
and Western Europe
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75327&item=5779278430&rd=1

I did think it might just be the new firmware but the listing clearly states full postcode search.

Kev.
Chig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Maps of Western Europe upgrade Reply with quote

Just received the Maps of Western Europe upgrade on CD, loaded the new UK maps but when I log into ttcode.com for an activation code I get the message "this product can no longer be activated" Anybody else had this message - or am I the only one? Sad
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Maps of Western Europe upgrade Reply with quote

Chig wrote:
Just received the Maps of Western Europe upgrade on CD, loaded the new UK maps but when I log into ttcode.com for an activation code I get the message "this product can no longer be activated" Anybody else had this message - or am I the only one? Sad

Yes I had the same message...

Emailed TT who sent me a new code withing two days

I haven't used it yet as I am now waiting on a 1 Gb SD so as to be able to get more than ONE map on it !!!

The maps are larger and you cant get two -- eg France and UK on one 512 SD card....
tals
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for those who have just got a TTG 300 and would like to have the European maps - exactly what do they need to do?

Tals
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tals wrote:
So for those who have just got a TTG 300 and would like to have the European maps - exactly what do they need to do?

Tals

They need to buy the 6-CD set of Maps of Western Europe - and also buy a larger blank SD card onto which to copy one or more of the new maps. I would suggest 512 MB - or even 1 GB.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
tals
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And persumably that takes you up to this upgrade - you wouldn't need to purchase the upgrade after that?

Tals
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tals wrote:
And persumably that takes you up to this upgrade - you wouldn't need to purchase the upgrade after that?

Tals

The upgrade is only for people who have already bought the previous version.

You would be buying the latest version as an outright purchase - not as an upgrade. But the result would be the same.

But be careful because there might still be some copies of the old version in circulation - which would need upgrading. The version you want is on SIX CDs - the old version is on FOUR.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Maps of Western Europe upgrade Reply with quote

Chig wrote:

I have yet to hear of anyone whose first code on the little card has worked; everyone I know has had to contact TT for an e-mailed code from TT.

I suspect that they weren't happy with the codes in the first batch of CD boxes being uncompromised.
g3sna
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Western Europe Map upgrade Reply with quote

I have v568 on my TTG 700. Can you say what map version I would have if I bought the upgrade set?

Thanks,

Stuart
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the latest maps.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
spot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
According to the MyTomTomGo website TomTom have released a newer version of maps today - 29th Nov 2006 - that are V605 and are downloadable from Tom Tom Plus website. Can anyone throw any light onto this news. TT website seems a bit cagey about which version they are now selling! How on earth can one tell if this is a worthwhile investment?
Spot
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£82 for the 700 maps I dont think so!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
uocooper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
£82 for the 700 maps I dont think so!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The folks at http://www.mytomtomgo.com are saying that the maps available to download are FULL maps just like if you bought them on the SD card. They will have upgrade pricing a bit later but it has not been determined just yet. They are also not seamless maps and so are not intended to be used with the 700. Those should also be available shortly.

Report map errors- http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 12 of 22

Jump to: