Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom go 300 Ebay Scammer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom go 300 Ebay Scammer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueBox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: TomTom go 300 Ebay Scammer Reply with quote

Please report this person to ebay as he has ripped a couple of people off Evil or Very Mad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75327&item=5775198573&rd=1
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the posting is gone - good...

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it was the same scammer but Amazon Marketplace also had a listing at £240. Guy wanted some bizarre form of payment because his credit card wouldn't ACCEPT payments. I had it removed.

We all know that £240 is way too cheap for a Go 300 which just goes to prove that - "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is".
macgyver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Amazon market place Reply with quote

Hi there,
I was looking for a cheapish sat nav and as I was browsing Amazon for Tom Tom 300, and noticed that there were few private sellers as well selling the same Tom Tom at half the price. 150 and 190??? unbelieveable)
I e mailed them asking whether it was used or refurbished but they say that it brand new and factory packed.
I am confused how is it possible????

What is the catch here? Does anyone know about it?
Many thanks
michelleski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...the seller is Romanian - I think he is the same person has I have emailed 3 Marketplace sellers asking the same question re is this a TTG 300, is it brand new factory sealed etc etc - not believeing for a second that it is. The sellers reply comes back with the same wording and assuring me it will go through Amazon for safety. The 3 prices I have seen are £190, £150, and yesterday £1 !! I'm tempted to go for it just to see what happens - particularly as Amazon will reimburse any dodgy deal. If anyone else bit the bullet and went for this seller's deal i'd be interested to hear what happened!

Thanks
Michelle.
michelleski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...oh, and I forgot to mention, in one email reply the seller said that £150 is the real price of the TTG in his country. Its very difficult to ascertain as to whether its a 300 or a classic that is being sold however.
macgyver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Spoofers Busted Reply with quote

I spent last two days in finding out the truth behind the issue.
There is a gang of these scamsters operating by diffrent names and IDs like andi something, monica maria, I.E.P.D.A@gmail.com, online seller and many more
Their modus operandi is that they put their price as very low like 100 or 150 or 200 or even 280 GBP and when you e mail them asking about the details the will say the same things as mentioned earlier as new boxed factory packed with 1 or 2 or even 3 years guranttee. Then ask you for sending your name and address so that they can pass it on to amazon. By this time they have removed their product from the amazon site so that you cannot buy from there.
Once you send your name and address then you get an e mail from Amazon (faked as it is a spoofed mail id) telling you to deposit the money to the western Union money transfer agent..... Thats the catch... Amazon will never ask you to do that. So report it to amazon at once which I have done at least 8 times in 2 days at <stop-spoofing@amazon.com>.

Hope that I have shed some light on the issue.
As I myself was bewildered at their pricing and the excuses.
michelleski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha - what we should all do then is hit the buy with one click at Amazon! before they remove the item from Amazon which would stop them asking for payment by any other means! Some people eh!

Michelle
michelleski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - here we are , this weeks dodgy market place sellers have tomtom go 300's for sale ranging from £1 to £150 ! ....

laoltcumultefete@yahoo.com - £1.00
marmaiancu@yahoo.com - £75.00
unitatenoua@yahoo.com - £100.00
partik3@yahoo.com - £150.00

the above sellers are all 'new' - BUT, the following seller, selling a brand new, factory sealed ttg 300 for £130 which states will be delivered in 2 days - and he has 4.9 rating with 4 stars against his name!

jerry_stfbine@yahoo.com - £130.00

There are other sellers there too who have feedback ratings but who are offering ttg300 for £190 - very strange - unless the feedback ratings are fake of course!

Michelle.l
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Update on the Amazon scammers..... Reply with quote

Just to update you, I "bought" a Tom Tom Go 300 for £200 from a guy called mergetata@hotmail.com on Friday from Amazon Marketplace. Again, knowing you will get reimbursed by Amazon, I emailed the guy a couple of times about delivery and he was very evasive but kept pointing out this was the full product, lots of maps etc and he has a shop and is clearing liquidated stock.
He then told me that my money had been refunded but needed my full name and address to give to Amazon to start the delivery process again. I gave hime my work address and lo and behold, five minutes later, I got an email from Amazon Payments requesting I pay the £200 by Western Union to him in an address in Romania. I told him politely to squat and told rang Amazon who then promptly took off all his other dodgy dealings (about 15 in all, all posted the same time).
I have now bought one from Halfords for the full price but there are some still selling on Amazon for about £90! These also have lifetime ratings etc quoted so please beware. You will also find these drop from the list like nobodys business and then suddenly reappear with a different name. Avoid the cheap prices with those that ask you to email me first.
Hope this stops someone from losing some money. I only did this because I knew Amazon will refund your money in the case of a dodgy deal.
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

Sorry, meant mergatata@yahoo.com
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: And the latest from the Marketplace..... Reply with quote

There is one on there for £89 and two for £100, all with feedback scores! How do they manage that then, sell cheap goods to boost up their scores?
Doug
yesser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maplins £339 for tomtom go 300 with voucher from pricerunner - cannot beat that
Ossey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get a "vouvher" from Pricerunner?

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: