Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Routing problems continue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Routing problems continue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiddleMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Routing problems continue Reply with quote

I have posted a query on the forum before about the Navman taking me off a motorway (it was the M1 up to Yorkshire) down to the roundabout and then straight back on at the same exit. Well I have just done a trip from Worcester to Liverpool (M5, M6, M62) and it did this both on the way up and on the way back (on the M6, but at different juctions for each route I might add). Am I really the only one who has experienced this problem. It was a bit embarrasing because I was trying to show the Navman off to my sister who thinks they are an expensive unnecessary gadget and the damn thing showed me up!

I presume it is a glitch in the software and remember reading on the Tom Tom Go topics that some drivers had experienced this routing problem with that system.

Anybody else noticed this or knows why it would do it?
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Midleman.
Read Holland trip, a few headings down this page. It sent me on a wild goose chase similar to your self. I have no answer but when I returned home I down loaded from Navman a replacement file to restore the SD card to its original condition.
The file can be found in the iCN FAQ headed
How do I rebuild the SD Card for my iCN 510
You will have to back up your SD card, not to loose any POI’s and data. Follow the instructions from Navman.
After installation of the file I have not had a repeat of the problem, I have traveled 3000 miles after instalation, in the UK and Europe and nothing but accurate routes.
I am not advising you to do it but it seems to have worked for me. But take care otherwise you will have to spend many hours loading every thing back on to your SD card.
Regards.
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
rich-g
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: navman icn 510 - routing problems Reply with quote

Yes - I too experience occasional routing problems - whereby the unit takes you on a goose chase. I have found it necessary to always carry a map and at least know the sort of direction you should be travelling in!
Daytona
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until recently I had a routing problem whereby the only way I could include a short section of local motorway in a route was to set a waypoint on it.
Just recently found a very small "avoid area" set on the carriageway.... No idea how it got there but it was fine once I removed it.
enuuge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar occurance with mine Daytona. On the main Melbourne-Sydney Highway, the unit was routing me around a particular section of the highway, and suggesting a lengthy detour. I then found a small avoid area had been set. Same thing, I don't know how it had been set, but given the size of the avoid area perhaps I made one to many presses with the stylus without realising. Delted the avoid area and problem solved.

Good lesson though as if I get a route that seems odd, this is the first thing I now check for.
Synth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit off topic here I know, but I'm moving from Canada to Canberra at the end of the month. As I spotted someone who has been this way recently I thought I would jump in so to speak. So, what's Canberra like then; is it as boring as everyone seems to think?
enuuge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only speaking as someone who has been there on Holiday or for work on and off for the last twenty years, but not having lived there...
1. Beautiful city, nicely laid out and easy to get around.
2. Quite a lot to see and do, being the National Capital. Some stunning architecture - my favourites are the Australia Museum, High Court and Parliament House.
3. Lots of good restaurants and bars.
4. Good mix of cultural and sporting activities.

Lovely city all year round - spring being my faviourite as its quite colourful with all the new blooms.

Again, only the tourist perspective, but there's probably more nightlife than what there used to be say 20 years ago, so I think this has helped Canberra shed the "boring" tag. And to answer the question your probably thinking - Yes, I'd live there.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: