Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Offset position on map- how to correct?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Offset position on map- how to correct?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Offset position on map- how to correct? Reply with quote

I have a Garmin 12 connected to a Loox running TT2. It locks up fine, but there is an offset to the position where the TT2 thinks it is, to the actual position, approximately 30 metres. This means you turn down a sidestreet after you have made the turn onto the main road, because of the difference in position.

The TT software manual states that (QUOTE)

Correct GPS position... Permanently adjusts the GPS position with an offset so that the location on the map matches the current GPS position. Only use this option with GPS receivers that introduce a constant deviation.

Question: how the B****y H**l do you get this option up on TT2? Have tried everything I can think of.

Am also posting this on the Garmin section, as I am getting desperate now as I am leaving the country on Wednesday.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Roger.
pello
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Offset position on map- how to correct? Reply with quote

I think the function you are looking for may be the in the second menu that you get when pressing & holding a point on the map screen.
Roger
Occasional Visitor

Hi Peter, thanks I have tried that all I get is the function RESET GPS for this location ; on the same page you are supposed to be able to get the ...CORRECT function but I cannot. Is it some thing to do with location??????

Again thanks Peter.

Cheers

Roger
TonyP
Regular Visitor

Roger,

Did you check that the garmin 12 is set up for the WGS84 map datum? It sounds as if it is using another datum, perhaps Ordinance Survey or the European datum.

Go the Setup menu, then navigation to check
Roger
Occasional Visitor

Tony yes you were absolutely correct, that was the fault, me being thick also took another prompt from Dave to get my act in order.

Many thanks to all,I hope that I may be able to help someone in the future.

Cheers

Roger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: