Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN630 Power Supply Failure
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN630 Power Supply Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: iCN630 Power Supply Failure Reply with quote

Hi Chaps and Chappes's!

I tried to use my iCN630 last weekend and found the fuse had blown in the fag lighter power supply (The navman one - not the car fuse box!)
So I replaced the fuse and the green light then lit up so thought nothing of it. Today I came to use it again and although the green LED is still lit, the thing won't power up.

I checked it with the mains supply, and it works ok. Checking the voltage of the mains and fag lighter PSU's resulted in ~5v and ~12V respectifully.

So I guess in essence that the car PSU has blown up!

Funnily enough, for some time, it has been a pain to get started sometimes and would occasionally go off - but wiggling the PSU in the lighter socket seemed to solve it - so I just assumed it was the socket, not making a good contact. May be I was wrong.

So, If this is happening to you - may I suggest you get a spare just in case it too goes phut!

I've ordered a new one, which hopefully won't be too long coming! I did try Halfords, but they have none in stock Sad

Website

The answer is 42. Now what is the question?
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know - I'm back up and running again with a new power supply.

Can't fault Navmans service - Ordered it Wednesday at 17:10 and arrived first post Friday. Normal Delivery too!

Website

roman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: pwr failure Reply with quote

HI JUST READ YOUR COMMENTS RE PWR FAILURE, I HAVE A NAVMAN ICN 635, I TOO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH CIG LIGHTER WHEN BOOTING UP (WITH GREEN LIGHT ON) UNIT BOOTS UP BUT GOES OFF AGAIN SECS AND SOMETIMES A FEW MINS LATER, I TWIDDLED ABOUT WITH SOCKET AND MADE SURE IT WAS IN FIRMLY, THE UNIT STILL POWERED OFF, THE GREEN LIGHT WAS STILL ON SO I BOOTED UP AGAIN, BUT STILL IT POWERED OFF, VERY ANNOYING AS YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD AND LOSING BEARINGS, IT WORKS FINE ON MAINS SOCKET, DO YOU THINK IT'S A FAULTY BATCH OF CAR CHARGERS. THE FUSE HASN'T BLOWN ON MINE AT ALL.
IS YOUR UNIT STILL WORKING 100%
REGARDS
ROMAN
ericnla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Faulty cig lighter adapter Reply with quote

I too had a problem with the power adapter cable. Returned in and the replacement was a godsend.

My old cable would cause my 635 to poweroff randomly, and quite frequently whilst driving.

All fixed now
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roman,

Mine did exactly as you describe for ages - since I changed my car about 6months ago - so I put it down to the socket.

It would be worth speaking to Navman Technical!

May get a replacement FOC!

Website

djguk47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem with my 635 in January with the 635 powering off after about 10-15 minutes. I would leave it for about 10 mins and then all OK again.
Contacted Navman and got a replacement

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: