Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McToshie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody managed to get the speed camera facility, as supplied by pocketgpsworld, working with the new card/UK maps as supplied by TomTom this week? This just wont work for me. The cameras are not even being listed in the POI screen.

McToshie
CHEDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine works with the new maps no problems at all just drop the files into the GB Map file, copy the appropiate data.chk file and then assign the sound to each speed camera.

Just a thought if you have more than 40 poi catogries then they won't work
McToshie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHEDS wrote - "copy the appropiate data.chk file. etc".

At last this may be pointing me towards something that is different. On the latest card from TomTom there is already a file named 'data'chk', whereas on my previous card there are files named, Data.chk, dat04.chk, data05.chk, data07,chk, data08.chk and datao9,chk'.

Where all these files came from or what generated them I just dont know.

What would be the 'appropriate' file to copy or have I already got the file loaded and perhaps there is something else wrong somewhere?

McToshie
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: New Maps and MROE Reply with quote

I have the new Map of Great Britain Plus but nowhere can I find the MROE on it, can anyone help please. Mike.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: New Maps and MROE Reply with quote

MickeyM wrote:
I have the new Map of Great Britain Plus but nowhere can I find the MROE on it, can anyone help please. Mike.

What happens if you browse the map at a very low zoom setting - can you see mainland Europe as well? What happens if you tell it to navigate to (say) Paris?

Roger
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Map MROE Reply with quote

Thanks Roger, Did not think it was that simple.I was looking for another map Thanks again, Mike.
tonybee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this helps but I got a 512mb Kingston SD on EBay for 4 quid + 8 quid P&P, came from Hong Kong and took less than a week, it was on a "Buy Now" offer and there are loads on there.
jasper12345
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

I have purchased the new map of great britain which came on a sd card. The instructions show it to be inserted into TTG. When I do this the legal disclaimer comes on the first screen. When I tap "I agree" the next screen says "no maps found" and theres nothing else I can do. The card came with a credit card sized product code but what do I do with this. Do I need to connect ttg to my computer? When I put the old supplied card back in everything is ok again.
bludnok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: help! Reply with quote

jasper12345 wrote:
I have purchased the new map of great britain which came on a sd card. The instructions show it to be inserted into TTG. When I do this the legal disclaimer comes on the first screen. When I tap "I agree" the next screen says "no maps found" and theres nothing else I can do. The card came with a credit card sized product code but what do I do with this. Do I need to connect ttg to my computer? When I put the old supplied card back in everything is ok again.

Hi Jasper!

I have exactly the same problem. TomTom sent a useless reply to, I think, the wrong person. If I get any useful info I'll post it here.

Patrick
jasper12345
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bludnok, Tomtom have replied and said problem was with card and I need a new card. They gave instructions on how to send old one and UPS picked it up today. Hopefully new one will come soon. will let you know
michelleski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: My code wont work on Tomtom's site Reply with quote

I have read this thread with great interest - thanks everyone! I want to upgrade to the new map. I currently have version 5 software on my ttgo. Its all working great but I can see the benefits of upgrading to the new map.

McToshi - how did you get around your original problem of inputting your code and getting an error message whilst trying to upgrade on tomtom's site? I found the green edged card in my box that gives the serial number, but when I put this into the tomtom site I get an error - I tried 4 times and still no joy. I have emailed tomtom support but am still waiting for a reply. I hope they dont suggest I treat it as a lost code as I have no idea where my receipt would be!

Thanks in advance
Michelle.
McToshie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Michelle

I was using the correct code each time - it was the same code that I used a few weeks before when I my original memory card developed a fault and had to be returned for replacement. It was so frustrating when it wouldnt work this time that I eventually decided to keep hammering away at their site by continually inputting the same details. Much to my surprise, it eventually worked. What caused this remains a mystery to me to this day.

McToshie
michelleski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi McToshie - thanks for your reply. I just had a quick look at ttcode.com and there it specifies the code they want is 3 groups of 5 digits. The code on the bit of paper in my box shows 3 groups of only 4 digits! Maybe I'm not putting in the correct number?! However the bit of paper doesnt say what the number is specifically ie product code, registration code etc, so i'm a bit stumped. Still waiting for Tomtom support to come back to me, but in the meantime have mailed TotalPDA for a copy of my receipt just in case Tomtom say I have to treat this as a lost code Confused I have my ttgo cd but took it out of its sleeve and placed it in a folder with all my other cds. I have no idea where the sleeve went unless its in the box, which went into the loft. I guess thats the next place to look.

Is the code tomtom are after 3 groups of 4, or 3 groups of 5 alpha-numerics?

Thanks
Michelle
McToshie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Michelle

Amongst others I have 3 numbers here as follows:

a) PRODUCT CODE - this is on the back of the CD sleeve and is 3 groups of 5

b) DEVICE CODE - This is 2 groups of 5. and

c) ACTIVATION CODE - This is 3 groups of 5.

I also have a fourth number, namely one for registering on line with TomTom. This is 3 groups of 3.

To get the activation code I recall having to connect to a TomTom web page and follow the instructions which included putting in either one or both of the above codes. The activation code was supplied right away. I think if you connect to the TomTom web page you should be able to find your way to this facility.

Having recently purchased the new UK map from TomTom, in addition to the new memory card, I also received a plastic card with a new Product code (3 groups of 5).

Good luck

McToshie
michelleski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm - well I finally received a reply from Tomtom saying "sorry to hear you lost your product code" ...aarrrggghhhH! I didnt lose it, I never had one! (how annoying - but will let it pass!)... so have to now send my proof of purchase, which thankfully I have (but which I sent them in December when I had my screen replaced when mine cracked) - and now will have to wait the 6 weeks for them to supply me with a code, so I can get the new UK map. I assume once I have this code, and I order the map, the activation code will be supplied to me somehow? Any ideas?

Thanks
Michelle

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 11 of 22

Jump to: