Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinwalton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Tracking your maps Reply with quote

The emailed link http://www.ups.nl/ didn't work for me either, but http://www.ups.com/ did. Mind you, it will probably say captured until it's delivered. Stop!
McToshie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ups.nl didnt work for me either so I tried ups.com which informed me that my order is 'in transit'.

McToshie
POIsonIvy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: To upgrade now or not.. Reply with quote

Greetings all - advice please

(this may be covered already - but the thread is getting long and a little difficult to follow)

I travel extensively throughout the UK and will begin travelling around Europe in a year or so. So I will need detailed street level maps of Europe as well as the UK.

At the moment I do not have the detailed maps of Europe - just the UK version and the main routes of Europe.

Should I upgrade my UK maps now or wait until the latest version of the MWE become available and buy and install that alone - without the need to upgrade at all?

(ie will the new version of the MWE include postcodes etc for the UK as well as detailed maps of say Paris?)

Thanks in advance

IVY
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure it the postcode files come with the MoWE. I would expect that they do though. If you want to buy MoWE then wait until that is available as the UK maps will be included in that.
robinwalton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: My maps have arrived!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Thumbs Up As the email :D said UPS Driving took less than 2 days! Guinness
crowman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My maps have also arrived, sort of.
I was pretty sure that I'd ordered the CD version but I end up with a 256M SD card instead. That wouldn't be a problem except I already use a 512 SD card for my current map set Confused

I wonder if it's possible to save my settings (as explained in the accompanying pamphlet) and copy the 256SD to my 512SD then re-add the favourites again...?

I'll have to play about this evening...
CharlieK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afternoon all,

Huge apologies up front if this has already been answered, but haven't had time to search.

Bought TTG original back in Feb and in the excitement of opening it, threw away the product codes (lesson learnt..). They were not needed to use TomTom from the start, and I've never needed them.. till now! On the basis that I cant get them replaced - as no proof of purchase (another lesson learnt!), if I was to buy the updated SD package of the MoWE when it's released (soon, according to TomTom) would I still need the original product codes?? Even though I've never needed them? If I bought the package, could I just plug in the new SD card and away we go?

Have asked TomTom this twice now, and they missed the point of the question both times.. any help gratefully received!

Thanks all - and great job with the forum - very very informative!

Charlie
crowman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new product code included with the SD card.
CharlieK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated Crowman - cheers - Charlie
McToshie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new maps arrived this morning but I seem to have a problem. What was sent seems at first glance to work okay (I'll be testing it this afternoon) but I just cannot get the safety camera facilty, as provided by pocketgpsworld, to work at all. I followed the instructions and loaded the files into the Great Britain folder but there is then no record of things in the POI facility, or anywhere else that Ive looked. I must have done something wrong somewhere so Im hoping some kind person could advise me on the correct procedure

McToshie
CHEDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I copy my favourites over from my old map to the new one if so which file will it be in ?thanks
Heydude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh!..Got my map this morning too! 8)

Loaded all my poi into the folder they said! and re-activated them in change preferences!

Looks liek there is a stack more map data!! 8) 8)
Heydude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops echo!! Laughing

Hey!..I did notice that the info for the postcode search works on my old 128 mb card!..Just drop the folder named zip into the main dir! and bang full post code search!..Kewl!..Glad i got the New maps though! well worth it!..I bet its not long before we see that zip file shared about!!
tazcab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: not activating new maps Reply with quote

Got my map TODAY
copyed the new card to A 512MB card and ACTIVATE MY NEW MAPS by www.ttcode.com when i put this code into my tomtom
all i get is ACTIVATION CODE FOR THE PRODUCT is not the CORRECT ACTIVATION CODE for my uk maps
why is this Rolling Eyes
robinwalton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: 256Mb card is big enough Reply with quote

I've been using my new map in earnest today. Thumbs Up The post codes work really well, once I'd remembered not to use the address button Stop it! , but the postcode one on the next page!! Not only that but there was room to copy all my POIs Laughing (don't need the postcode ones now!), so I think I've ended up with a spare 512Mb card!! :P

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22

Jump to: