Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - France or bust....please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

France or bust....please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gazza44
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: France or bust....please! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm travelling over to France next weekend, I've bought the Tom Tom maps for Europe, bought a bigger memeory card and loaded France Maps onto it. No problem. So now I've got the GB & France maps on one card. Don't think I can test the France map until I get there (unless you know different)

What I'm after is any tips/advice etc........When do I put the France destination in?, from home or when I get across there? Is it better to change settings to kph? How do I do that? In fact any info that will allow me to concentrate on getting there and stop a wife and 3 year old asking "are we there yet?" or "how much further?"
Thanks in anticipation
Garry
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I switch to KPH when abroad, I can then cross reference any signs with the speed readout on the PocketPC easily.

As for navigation, switch maps when on the crossing, in the tunnel or however you are travelling. It will take a little longer to get a fix when you get back in the car (unless you have a portable solution and can allow it to get a fix during the crossing) but should be locked on by the time you exit the port.

The change between MPH and KPH is done in 'Preferences'.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the above. But you can test out your French maps before you go. Select the French maps and then plan a few itineraries. Before a recent trip to France I stored several itineraries and they worked a treat. But keep an eye on the road signs too. At one motorway intersection TomTom told me to turn right, but the road signs were saying bear left. I followed the road signs and TomTom immediately corrected itself.
Robin
DareDevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: France or bust....please! Reply with quote

Gazza44 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm travelling over to France next weekend, I've bought the Tom Tom maps for Europe, bought a bigger memeory card and loaded France Maps onto it. No problem. So now I've got the GB & France maps on one card. Don't think I can test the France map until I get there (unless you know different)

What I'm after is any tips/advice etc........When do I put the France destination in?, from home or when I get across there? Is it better to change settings to kph? How do I do that? In fact any info that will allow me to concentrate on getting there and stop a wife and 3 year old asking "are we there yet?" or "how much further?"
Thanks in anticipation
Garry

Remember to drive on the *right* side of the road :-) ...

It is quite a challenge and in the first 5 minutes of driving your mind will keep telling you "You are driving on the wrong side of the road!!! Next car is going to hit you head-on!!!"

Cheers,

DareDevil
Gazza44
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
As I said, any tips/past experience gratefully accepted.
Fingers crossed,
Garry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: