Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Info from Tom Tom regarding release date of TTN 5 Reply with quote

vik4sh wrote:
am a bit suprised it is not compatible with the dell x50v!!! anybody disagree with this????

weird. the press release mentioned the x50v.

http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=94&Language=1
vik4sh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: TOM TOM 5 Upgrade Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just recieved another update from TOM TOM regarding the upgrade:

Dear Mr ,

Please be advised that the x50 is listed as software compatible only , Dell have changed the connector on this model and we do not have any cables that will fit it.

There will be a charge for the upgarde . more details will appear on our website in the coming few weeks.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
mentalpostie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a wired ps package last year consiting of a hp jornada and the tomtom navigator 3 package not a very top of the range PDA but if serve's me well, so i emailed tomtom regarding the upgrade to nav 5 and the reply i got stated that the jornada was not listed as a compatible model for navigator 3 or 5 which is strange as i've been running 3 for well over a year now with no problems at all

does anyone know if the upgrde will be on a cd so i can transfer the maps to my CF card

great forum BTW found lots of answers to a few problems
learner_legal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: NoFree Upgrade Reply with quote

FYI

Spoke to TOMTOM customer service regarding upgrades and when TomTom 5 would be released and I got the following reply

Dear Mr ,

Thanks for your E-mail regarding TomTom Navigator.

The date is still not official but we aim for a release in May.
We do not offer any free upgrades even if the product was bought 1 day before the release of NAV 5.
We suggest you wait until the new Navigator 5 is on the market.

With best regards,

TomTom Support Team

Not much incentive to purchase Tomtom 3 right now Evil or Very Mad
snapthefrog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just getting my feet wet, and brand new to Tomtom.

I see a lot about the UK, but does this software come with street level detail for the United States?
Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still like to know if version 5 has the ability to retain route options after deviation from recommended route. ie after selecting shortest, if you deviate from the route, does it recalculate shortest or revert to quickest as previous versions have done?

I know pocketgps were looking into this. Any news yet?

Many thanks
Jigsaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: NoFree Upgrade Reply with quote

learner_legal wrote:
FYI

Spoke to TOMTOM customer service regarding upgrades and when TomTom 5 would be released and I got the following reply

Dear Mr ,

Thanks for your E-mail regarding TomTom Navigator.

The date is still not official but we aim for a release in May.
We do not offer any free upgrades even if the product was bought 1 day before the release of NAV 5.
We suggest you wait until the new Navigator 5 is on the market.

With best regards,

TomTom Support Team

Not much incentive to purchase Tomtom 3 right now Evil or Very Mad

Looks like they might be slipping the date a bit, got this this morning..

"Thank you for your question regarding NAvigator 5. TomTom is an innovative company that always strives to lead the way in supplying the latest updates and technology. We will be releasing Navigator 5 in the comming months, however a final release date has not been set. Please check back regularly at www.tomtom.com for further updates and new product releases"

Sad I don't want to pay an extra €49, but I want navigation software NOW Laughing
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends who you get on the TomTom support desk what you are told. As far as we know there has been no date set for the upgrade.

Thing with TomTom is that you normally find out a few minutes before it happens.

You could look at it as buying the TTN3 software and getting the Maps of Western Europe for a nominal upgrade price.
Jigsaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
Thing with TomTom is that you normally find out a few minutes before it happens.

Having delat with them since before they were TomTom, I shouldn't be surprised. I'll let everyone know when I decide to give up and buy TT3, TT5 will be released within 48 hours Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

Gordon
pt68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased Navigator for Palm in USA to use while travelling in the US. Having returned to England I am unsure of what to do. I think I am right that if I purchase the European Maps now they will not work when I upgrade to Navigator 5. As such I can't use my GPS for a yet indefinite period.

Am I correct that TomTom do not release limited period trial versions of their maps?

Any guidance will be appreciated.
peat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Could you tell me if the Isle of Man (UK) is covered with the new maps in TT5?
Thanks
Lorax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a similar situation as Jigsaw. Not sure if i should go for tomtom nav 3 now or wait for who knows how long for tomtom nav 5.

Here's my thinking. The tom tom 3 software is about £100. If I get that now i get the use of stable software with 3rd party add ons right away (im impatient like Jigsaw) then I will have to pay about £30 (or 50 euros) for the upgrade.

If I wait for the mystery release date of nav 5 whose to say it will be the same price as V.3? With it's extra features isn't it likely to cost more? So it could end up costing £130 (i just speculating of course).

So you may end up paying the same or more and having to wait and you then only have the one version that could be buggy for the first few months.

If you buy v.3 now you have it right away and you have the option of going back to it if v.5 has problems.

As you can see i'm trying to justify this to my self as i dont know if i should wait or not.

Does my theory make any sense? Confused

Lorax
Jigsaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorax wrote:

Does my theory make any sense? Confused

Lorax

I think so Laughing The other thought that I had in mind is that if they've taken too many of the features I want / need out of 3, I SHOULD be able to use the maps from 5 on 3 and get the best of both worlds (as I have licensed copies of both maps). I know others have got the maps from the GO, so hopefully it should be OK. I'd miss out on the option to load silly voices, but think I can cope without that!

It's pay day on Friday, I'm waiting to see what news has broken by then Rolling Eyes

Gordon
Lorax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It a tough decision!

Does anyone else think v.5 might me more expensive than v.3 is now?

This seems to me to be the main question when deciding if it's worth buying now or waiting.

I do like the idea of having both versions to hand.

Lorax
andyjenkins
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a similar situation. I've got the the iPAQ - just need the GPS receiver and the software.

Given v5 availability is not certain, would buying the TTNav3 wireless (ie, with bluetooth GPS unit) be a bad move .. especialyl as the TTNav5 GPS Bluetooth receiver is new/updated/better/revised/different ?

I want GPS now (dont we all), not sure I can wait more weeks, I've wait for a month already.

Should I look at just the TTNav3 software, and get a different bluetooth receiver ? Any makes spring to mind ? Obviosuly these need to be better / more reliable than the TTNav5 receiver.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 9 of 25

Jump to: