Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Batch Post Code Conversion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Batch Post Code Conversion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrPloppy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairenoughski!

It has now been removed. I only did it for the what seemed to be an easy challenge. I'm certainly not one to promote hacking.

I did read the terms of use on the streetmap website and nothing was mentioned about the postcodes - only that of the images.

I'm sure that someone will be able to point me to the bit which prohibitely states my program (now defunct!) is breaking the law?

As I say, I don't like hacking, and this program seemed to be a low risk program to write, and there isn't anything I've seen on streetmap to suggest otherwise.

Smile
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MrPloppy

I'm in your side so don't kill the messenger.

This is copied from streetmaps site, don't know if was the same you did read:

Quote:
The Street Map site is compiled and made available by BTex Limited.

Information displayed through the Streetmap site is extracted from a copyright work owned by BTex's Respective Suppliers. See our About page for more details.

This compilation is a copyright work. © BTex Ltd 1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004.

A single print of the results of a map search is permitted for your own personal use. Otherwise the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission and distribution of any part of the Streetmap site is not permitted. Please see our business services page if you would like to use this data or to print the maps for your business.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MrPloppy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm in your side so don't kill the messenger.

Hey no probs!!! :D Sorry if the last post seemed in any way offensive to you!!! Surely didn't mean it.

I did read that bit in the t&c, but my reading of it led me to believe it was only talking about the images. I see from a second look that you're right and that there is a problem with _everything_.

Its an interesting subject this - whether the postcode files should be free for anyone to use.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: