Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - So, is it worth installing v3 now?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

So, is it worth installing v3 now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomjeffs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: So, is it worth installing v3 now? Reply with quote

I have had v3 sat on my table for a few weeks now, I hadn't wanted to install it for fear of being left with an inferior product to v2.

I have an ipaq 3630, with 256mb cf card, and a wired receiver. Is it worth me installing the new version, together with the latest update? Or should I just leave it.

I'd also like to use the traffic option, but unfortunately I can't get data services with my current provider (Hutchinson 3G), as they have a 'walled garden' policy right now.
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reverted back to TTN2 but have now gone back to TTN3 with the 3.03 upgrade and have to say the address look-up problems appear to be very much improved and many of the previously reported "missing" places (Chelmsford, Scarborough, Whitby, Aylesbury etc etc) are now there.
Also the Safety Screen problem that some people experienced problems with (myself included) now also appears to be sorted.
So, IMHO I would say yes - it is worth installing TTN3 with V.3.03

Tom

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338
Lost1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tomjeffs,

I'm with you on the indecision front Confused

I hope you get some good feedback to this thread Thumbs Up
Leeus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, 3.03 is now brilliant and works a dream. I now love TomTom3 again! :D :D :D
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.03 is very stable on my iPAQ2210. The address lookup is much improved, but I still value Niels' UK Postcode add-on. With GPSAssist to handle POIs and give me warnings if I exceed specific speeds, it's a killer combination
Robin

PS The European main roads which are bundled in with TTN3 are quite comprehensive. In France they cover some quite small D roads, so you don't have to stick to the motorways
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTN 3.03 with GPS 3.03 is a nightmare on my 2210. Constant bluetooth drops and reports of GPS unavailable.

I went back to GPS 3.02 (because it had been rock solid stable) but that gave drops too although it was previously stable. Tonight I am going to wipe TTN 3.03 and revert to TTN3.00 and GPS 3.02 which is stable for me.

Given that both GPS 3.02 and GPS 3.03 gave bluetooth drops with TTN 3.03 but that GPS 3.02 is rock solid with TTN 3.00 I would suggest that there is more to this than just flaky GPS drivers. I reckon that they are doing something within TTN that affects how the driver is handled and that is also causing a prob.

When I get back to 3.00/3.02 I might try putting GPS 3.03 in with TTN 3.00 to see if that gives drops. If not then it is TTN and not GPS that is causing the bluetooth problems.

I'll post back to let people know how it goes Sad

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: