Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go 700 Volume - quiet
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go 700 Volume - quiet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molemann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go 700 Volume - quiet Reply with quote

This as a sat nav still work fine, but a couple of weeks ago the volume went quiet and can not be adjusted. Even set to 100% ( my usual) its at about 15 - 20%, this is irrespective of where the slider is on the screen. Also tried the speed - mph tick no tick, still did not fix it. Any ideas?
I like the Go 700 as I can use all the POI's from here and my own.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it all the time? If so, sounds terminal. If it's only during handsfree, you can only adjust volume DURING a call (ring your home from outside and adjust whilst it rings).

I do hope you get it back up - that GO700 at eight years old is still the best satnav they made.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this problem for ALL the sound i.e. navigation instructions as well, or just for things like speed camera warnings?

If it's everything, then it could be a hardware fault.
Those units are so old now, I doubt if anyone has spares available, but you could try one of the UK repair shops I listed in this topic (I hope they all still exist!)

Otherwise, you might try buying a dead unit from eBay (they often come up with broken screens or other issues) in the hope that it's just the loudspeaker itself that has died, rather then the electronics feeding it. Then you could do a swap.

I believe the same speaker was used in the GO Classic, the GO300, GO500 and GO700.
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a sort of similar problem with my GO700 .. inasmuch as the volume "slider" just became unuseable, and was stuck at 30%. I solved the problem by reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling everything, so "software" wise it became a new installation. Given the age of these things now it is highly likely that some of the software is getting "tired" with small errors creeping in .. so a reinstall migght just help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: