Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed cameras on Totom go 520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed cameras on Totom go 520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markthecameraman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Speed cameras on Totom go 520 Reply with quote

I have just copied speed cameras into the maps folder and sounds folder er of go 520, when I preview them and select a sound file as a poi they work ok, they dont seem to work on the road, (im not getting a visual or audio warning, the method I am using is manage poi's warn when near poi's

I have also noticed that there is a speed camera section under my services, this warns me with the default TomTom sounds, I have gone to speed cam setting, change warning preferences and selected my custom sounds, this doesn't work, I recorded a sound, this doesn't work either. I would like to be warned by my custom sounds, (with custom sounds) I have tried are .ogg and .wave format

Can anyone advise me?

Mark
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed cameras on Totom go 520 Reply with quote

Markthecameraman wrote:
I have just copied speed cameras into the maps folder and sounds folder er of go 520, when I preview them and select a sound file as a poi they work ok, they dont seem to work on the road, (im not getting a visual or audio warning, the method I am using is manage poi's warn when near poi's
Are you selecting Warn only if POI on Route? If so, are you navigating a Route?

Markthecameraman wrote:
I have also noticed that there is a speed camera section under my services, this warns me with the default TomTom sounds, I have gone to speed cam setting, change warning preferences and selected my custom sounds, this doesn't work, I recorded a sound, this doesn't work either. I would like to be warned by my custom sounds, (with custom sounds) I have tried are .ogg and .wave format
I stand to be corrected, but I don't think you can change the warning sound of the TT camera warnings.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound files need to go in the Map folder as well as the poi's Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of questions and a bit of confusion here!

First of all, the sounds need to be in .ogg format (some models can also use .wav, but lets keep it simple for now).

Secondly, there are two places you can put them...
If you put them in the map folder (alongside the camera data files) then you need to give them exactly the SAME names (apart from the file extension) as the data files. They will then automatically get assigned to the POI files (you do not choose a sound during the "warn when near" set up process.

Alternatively, if you put them in the "sounds" folder, then they can have any name you like, but you do have to select each one during the "warn when near" set up.

Both of those methods are described in full at the bottom of this page http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/speed-camera-alerts-tomtom.php

Next, if you have some sound files in the "sounds" folder, then you CAN use them to replace the warning sounds for TomTom's own cameras.

But, to be honest, it's fairly pointless as TomTom's own camera data is not split up into speed limits in the same way as PGPSW's, so you can only define a sound file for each camera TYPE, not SPEED.

Can I suggest you try downloading the voice files that come with the speed camera database and follow the instructions carefully, as we know those work and we can eliminate any issues with the files you are using

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: