Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M5 southbound 50mph bend
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M5 southbound 50mph bend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HilaryL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: M5 southbound 50mph bend Reply with quote

I got flashed on one of the 50mph bends at the start of the M5 (southbound) and it wasn't by an old man in a dirty raincoat!. Does anyone know if there is a live camera there, I've been on this road tons of times (although it was a long time ago) and they never had a camera on those bends... Sad
I tried to look on the database but can't find a way to seach that area when I'm not there Rolling Eyes
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try looking at the Camera Submissions page?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any cameras listed on the submission map on the M5 until just south of Junction 3 (which is actually a mobile cam on the road crossing the M5) and then there are two more mobiles further south at the Frankley services (one extinct).

If you say you were "flashed" that implies a fixed camera, not a mobile site, so are there any new gantries over the motorway there, or any new variable speed limit zones?
HilaryL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
I can't see any cameras listed on the submission map on the M5 until just south of Junction 3 (which is actually a mobile cam on the road crossing the M5) and then there are two more mobiles further south at the Frankley services (one extinct).

If you say you were "flashed" that implies a fixed camera, not a mobile site, so are there any new gantries over the motorway there, or any new variable speed limit zones?

It was definitely before junction 3. there wasn't any new variable speed limit zones. It was at one of the 'old' 50mph bends. Sorry, I can't be more specific because I was so shocked at being flashed I didn't take notice of exactly which 50mph bend it was. Just have to wait and see if I get something through the post now. However, it may be worth other people seeing this if they use that route.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been that way in a while but the 50 bends had a recommended limit, not mandatory, last time I was there. Streetview is showing the same signs.

I'm not aware of any work done recently involving cameras though there may have been some when they were renewing the central reservation some months back.

As it's a busy road, I would expect people to submit cameras fairly quickly if they were there. Otherwise it could have been something from off road or a low sun between pillars etc.

Gerry
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 50mph gatsos on the A4041 either side of the bridge crossing over M5 right at its beginning. They sometimes give me a false warning, but never a flash and I don't think you'd see a flash affecting somebody else.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: