Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - York City Center Road Closure
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

York City Center Road Closure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunty1948
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: York City Center Road Closure Reply with quote

As someone who travels to and through York on a regular basis I have noticed that they have "installed" a road closure on Lendal Bridge, which forms part of the inner ring road. Not the cleverest of ideas but that isn't my issue.
The problem with this closure on satnavs is that it only occurs between 10:30am and 5:00pm daily. How on earth can this be mapped on any satnav system? I know where it is but what about the unsuspecting visitor. The traffic signs are hideously small and "hidden" among all of the other sign clutter and to add a further problem if you miss the signs you receive a £60 fine or if you do actually see the signs you are then in effectively a cul-de-sac and therefore add to the congestion that York City Council appers to want to reduce.

I have plotted a number of routes through York with various devices and they all take you across this bridge unless of course you know in advance and block the route.

I'm sure there must be many other examples around the country but I wondered how these can be managed on satnavs.

Alan
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a lot of night road works on the A19 (Teesside) earlier this year and I'm sure the closures only showed on my TT during the (rough) times the roads were actually closed. Clicking on the icons also showed the times the closures would occur. However this sort of information seems to be lacking in many cases.

I'm sure I've also seen this in the past with slip road closures on the A1 during the widening works.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: