Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Audi MMI navigation System plus
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Audi MMI navigation System plus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffcox7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Audi MMI navigation System plus Reply with quote

I have just bought a new Audi with a MMI sat nav system with hardrive I understand that it upgrades using the memory card reader Is there any way I can put in the radar poi's as I miss this and am told by Audi that it is not possible !!?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest clue is whether the system allows you to add "User POIs" or "Third-party POIs". If you can do that, then it's pretty likely you can at least add the camera database (getting warnings for the cameras is another question).

Is there a user manual? Does it mention POIs at all?
CAA_0831204439
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Unsure if this is correct forum, however OP's heading appeared relevant to my situation.

I also have just purchased an audi with bulit in 'SD Card based Sat Nav'.

Now ideally, i would love to have the PGPSW database on there, however after reading forums for the last few days, there appears scant info on this system, let alone whether i can get custom POI's on it.

So having accepted defeat on this route, i then decided to try to get my Galaxy S4 to play PGPSW warnings through the bluetooth connection to the Audi to no avail. I tried every setting i could find in both Audi setup and Galaxy S4 and also in Cameralert.

I then tried an alternative Speed cam app called CamSam, and that at least plays the warnings through the Audi system, albeit without turning down the music streaming from the S4 to the Audi through bluetooth, so hard to make out ;/

So can the devs make my Cameralert warnings play though bluetooth?
CAA_0831204439
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i found out that the SD Card based sat nav is made by Harman Becker. ( AUDI MMI 3G NAVIGATION SAT NAV SD )

After having a look round i see they also sell a product called ' MapPilot ' which is presumably the same software as is on the Audi unit. It would also appear that Safety Camera info can be purchased for MapPilot, however i remenber reading that Audi do not include safety camera info just in case you ever drive to france, where apparently in an effort to increase revenues, safety camera warning devices are illegal.
CAA_0831204439
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks as though MapPilot is in .PCB format, which can be opened with File View or Autovue?

I'm not really into software, just picking though threads elsewhere...
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that playing warning through the car system was a right PITA using CamerAlert via SGS3 / through the BMW Sat Nav, I didn't like the constant radio interruptions which could be every few seconds at times so I now use my Nexus 7 playing through the built in Nexus 7 speaker. I don't have 'on screen' camera warnings but now I'm used to it, that's not a problem, & the Nexus 7 is far easier to update than faffing about with the built in Sat Nav
CAA_0831204439
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, well ive spent £1400 over the years on different satnav / smartphones, and i STILL cant get any of them to do what i want!

PGPSW on tomtom came closest i spose, but i couldnt get the tomtom to turn itself on with ignition, so ultimately it was useless.

Oh well....
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAA_0831204439 wrote:
Heh, well ive spent £1400 over the years on different satnav / smartphones, and i STILL cant get any of them to do what i want!

PGPSW on tomtom came closest i spose, but i couldnt get the tomtom to turn itself on with ignition, so ultimately it was useless.

Oh well....

Not to mention having a "Please Pinch Me" invitation sat on the dashboard - built in Sat Nav may not have all the bells & whistles of a TomTom but it's a lot safer and more convenient

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: