Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Citroen emyway is pants.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Citroen emyway is pants.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixerman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Citroen emyway is pants. Reply with quote

Having swopped my C4 Picasso which had the Myway satnav for a new C3 Picasso with the new emyway satnav. I am very disappointed. At least on the old system you can enter four digits of a uk postcode. On the new one there is nowhere to enter any postcode. Also there is no way to set Home as a destination and you cannot select a phone contact as a destination. The old one was bad but the new emyway is total rubbish.
Twisted Evil
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad really when a £50 budget, bottom of the range satnav does a better job than a £2000 factory-fit add-on isn't it?!
fixerman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add insult injury I have discovered that the maps, even though they are the latest available (2012/2013), are way out of date. For instance a road near my home that has been closed off at one end over ten years ago is still shown as a through route. M25 road widening changes are missing also.

I have been back to the dealer to complain but that was a waste of time. He plainly has no idea whatsoever of how a satnav works. He tried to convince me that the emyway system receives the map data from the satellites every time the car is switched on and therefore the fault lies with the satellites. Rolling Eyes
fixerman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
It's sad really when a £50 budget, bottom of the range satnav does a better job than a £2000 factory-fit add-on isn't it?!

You are so right. In fact a free app on a smartphone will be a better option. The only real advantage the Citroen system has is that it is built in. Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: