Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Tomtom XL IQR2 difference between Tomtom cameras & P
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tomtom XL IQR2 difference between Tomtom cameras & P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NumanR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: New Tomtom XL IQR2 difference between Tomtom cameras & P Reply with quote

Hi, long time PGPSW member here, always been installing on mobiles with no issues, but I have just bought an XL IQR2, which has slightly different menus etc. Where as the mobiles used POI files, the XL uses Safety warnings. Now my wife has signed me up for Safety updates, but as I read it this is only for fixed cameras and danger zones. So I will lose out on all the mobile, average speed, red light etc that I am used to. Is this correct? I always used to have the speed zoned camera database installed on my mobiles via POI, is it the same procedure (dropping the files into the map)? But will it effect the safety messages? Does the safety message use the same files as the POI speed zoned safety camera?
NumanR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't know how we missed this one.

I think the XL2 deals with it's OWN camera warnings in the same way as other TomToms,
But for third-party POIs it can still use the POIs but there is no menu to set up the warnings for them.

As far as I know, your problems are all down to the limited menu structure on these "2" models.

Installing a "custom menu" should be a workround to get it working. thereare quite a few discussions and examples of them on this forum, try a search for "custom menu"
Unfortunately I seem to have lost my Bookmark link to the best custom menu file on this forum, but I've got one from another forum here:
http://www.tomtomforums.com/t22302-p18-how-get-more-menu-options-models-easymenu.html#post164280
NumanR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: