Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - oops!! help new map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

oops!! help new map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: oops!! help new map Reply with quote

Oh dear, I got excited to find out the new map was out. I recently bought a start 60 which came with 2 maps, Europe & UK, both with lifetime updates. Shortly after getting it I removed the Europe map and replaced it with the Europe camper one.
So to my predicament. today when I connected to MyTomTom it only offered to update the Europe map I had taken off. So I selected the maps tab which showed 4, and there was the uk map listed the old one on the device and the new one on my account. Against the old map was a box to be able to uninstall, so I thoght it would be better to uninstall the old map before I installed the new one, which I did, but now, although there is a box with the option to install against the new uk map when I click on it it looks like it is going to install as it goes grey and the little timer type wheel comes up but only for a few seconds then it goes back to black as if nothing is happening and help would be greatly appreciated
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds AND clear the cache, then connect to MyTomTom, do you get the same result?
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no still the same

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: