Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Binatone A350 - map compatabilities?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Binatone A350 - map compatabilities?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfieb2204
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Binatone A350 - map compatabilities? Reply with quote

Hi everyone. First post on this forum and hope someone can shed some light on which map systems are compatable with my Sat Nav.

I've had it for about 2 1/2 - 3 years now and it's the basic Binatone model with UK & ROI pre loaded. It has an SD slot but I don't know which mapping systems would be matched to this model. I've hooked it up to a USB lead but Binatone aren't forthcoming with anything to download so it looks like I'm stuck with what it came with. Confused

Going by previous posts on Binatone models there doesn't seem to be a lot that can be loaded onto most models. I was thinking of finding a TomTom or Garmin update but wanted to see which was best suited to my Sat Nav.

If I could afford a new unit I'd definately change it ...but..beggars can't be choosers and the voice would always make me "bear left at the next jubction" even if it doesn't exist...so any info would be a bonus.

Thanks
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for a Garmin or TomTom map update for the price you would be paying you might as well just get a whole new unit. I believe some Garmins now come with Lifetime updates - even on cheaper models.
alfieb2204
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Paul...guessed this might be the case so I'll go and do a little busking and raise the pennies for a new one. Sad

Thanks anyway
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seem to have forgotten to mention that TomTom and Garmin maps probably won't work in your Binatone anyway.
alfieb2204
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gods do NOT smile down on Binatone...woe is me...I'll have to spend a little dosh!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: