Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2595 lmt power lead???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2595 lmt power lead???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ststeve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: 2595 lmt power lead??? Reply with quote

Hi all. I need some help with my 2595lmt. I have the same sat nav as my friend and his has stopped working (he broke the screen) so he has given the power lead to me as i have two cars.
The question is can i put this second lead into my other car (hard wired also) so i can use my sat nav in both cars and still get the traffic updates? or are the leads set to a individual unit? The numbers on both the leads are GTM36.
Your help is much needed befor i start ripping the dash out my other car Laughing Out Loud. Thanks from a newbie Smile
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you're in the UK (?) that should work ok as traffic is tied to the lead. But just try it first without ripping the dash out and you'll see Very Happy
ststeve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Assuming you're in the UK (?) that should work ok as traffic is tied to the lead. But just try it first without ripping the dash out and you'll see Very Happy

So the lead will be tied to the old nav system? or will any traffic power lead work on any nav system? I don't quite understand your answer Confused Might be me just being thick Laughing Out Loud.

Oh i'm from the UK.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic comes with the lead, and the lead can be used in any GPS that's compatible Wink
ststeve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Traffic comes with the lead, and the lead can be used in any GPS that's compatible Wink

Thanks for getting back to me on that so i think i will start on the dash in the morning Very Happy just hope i don't snap any clips off the trim Laughing Out Loud.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: