Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - One XL/One Camera Warning Only
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

One XL/One Camera Warning Only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heiter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: One XL/One Camera Warning Only Reply with quote

I've reinstalled the Western Europe map to a "One XL" (2GB card) and all was fine. I then updated the "Ov2" with Speed Zones Complete and chime with male voice. No different than when I installed everything to my "Go 730" which operates fine.

When trying out the device I noticed that it was showing the camera icons on the map but there was no sound and/or warning of a any speed camera. I tried reinstalling but got the same result each time. When I went into the system all I could find was:-

(c) 2001-2007 TomTom BV in the top left-hand corner and an image/icon of just one camera. When I clicked on the icon all I got was, "Warning_Traffic_Camera.wav" and below that was, "Is this the sound you want to select?" There was no sound and no other sound files. The only way to get out of that screen was to select yes. This happens each time.

The options for distance in yards from/to the camera was there but after that I was greeted with just the one option, as explained, which didn't work.

Help appreciated...thank you.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When setting up the alerts, you use "Warn when near POI" in the POI preferences screen. I don't recognise the text you have put up but suspect it may be from the TomTom camera alert option, not the POI option.

When you follow the instructions, if you have copied sound files over with the same filename as the POIs (barring the extension), you will find it's slightly different. When you get to choosing a sound it won't play anything but ask if it's correct - you must answer 'yes'.

Let us know how it goes.

Gerry
Heiter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
When setting up the alerts, you use "Warn when near POI" in the POI preferences screen. I don't recognise the text you have put up but suspect it may be from the TomTom camera alert option, not the POI option.

When you follow the instructions, if you have copied sound files over with the same filename as the POIs (barring the extension), you will find it's slightly different. When you get to choosing a sound it won't play anything but ask if it's correct - you must answer 'yes'.

Let us know how it goes.

Gerry

Thanks for your reply, appreciated.

The ONLY sound file showing was the TomTom icon mentioned until... I selected a warning sound for a TomTom POI (Post Office) and hey presto all the pgpsw sound files suddenly appeared!! When setting each individual camera the distance setting (Yds/camera distance) crashed so I'm putting it down to the ONE XL or Firewall/security settings. I/E 11 also appears better than Firefox browser when downloading/installing pgpsw files...

The maps downloaded as they should and there is now an audible warning of speed cams using a 200% route test. It's now showing all pgpsw downloaded sound files.

Colin.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, another thing I would do is to not have all the cameras showing on the map all the time. I beleive this is in the options menu in "display map".

You may find with so many being shown, the update speed is very slow to the point that you could miss turnings. This doesn't affect the warnings which will show the camera icon on the map as required.

Gerry
Heiter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
By the way, another thing I would do is to not have all the cameras showing on the map all the time. I beleive this is in the options menu in "display map".

You may find with so many being shown, the update speed is very slow to the point that you could miss turnings. This doesn't affect the warnings which will show the camera icon on the map as required.

Gerry

I discovered that the exact same problem appear when installing Ov2 to my Go 730. As soon as I opened a TomTom pre-installed POI and then went back to pgpsw speed-cams everything resumed normality and the speed-cam warning sounds installed without any problem.

Colin.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: