Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Error Message Simcard Error 1001
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Error Message Simcard Error 1001

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrcguy06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Error Message Simcard Error 1001 Reply with quote

Has anybody experienced the Simcard error message 1001 while trying to access live services on a Tom Tom Go 740 Live recently ?
This has happened to me twice in the last six months and on the first occasion my Tom Tom had to sent back to Holland for repair / replacement. Not to Scotland as this was the second occasion in under a year (first time was something else) that the unit had failed.
Anyway, this error message occurred again yesterday about 50 miles into a long journey.
Upon speaking to Tom Tom Customer support I discovered that this error message is common to only the 40 series devices, 540, 740 etc.
The way to cure it is not to send it back, like I did last time, but to let the unit run completely flat on battery power, plug into mains and charge for a couple of hours, then power on holding button down until you hear the "drums" tune, let go, wait for unit to power up. Make sure you are outside and wait for unit to find live services in your sidebar. This has done the trick for me and cured the problem and the possibility of having to be without my unit for 10-14 days like last time. I was lucky that the person on the customer support helpline was very knowledgable and explained that this error is due to the cell that you are in at the time it fails, is trying to overload your device with data.
Hope this helps and would welcome anybody else's comments on this problem
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the very latest software offered by Tomtom Home?

Steven

iPhone 12
wrcguy06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Tom Tom Sim Card Error message 1001 Reply with quote

Yes, I am using the latest version of Tom Tom Home. All seems to be working fine at moment but they support told me that if the unit fails again which will be the 3rd time, then they may consider giving me a free of charge upgrade

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: