Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Chinese double din units
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese double din units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bopperbrian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Chinese double din units Reply with quote

I have an xtrons double din unit with Igo8 software on sd card. Although this system works well it is out of date. Please can anyone give me advice as to where to obtain new software for this unit which I believe runs on Windows CE. I have tried the new Igo8 mobile which cost £120 but was not compatable. I would prefer TomTom, is there an sd card version I can run straight out of the box? I am very happy with the extrons unit by the way, it runs a treat! Please Help I am a newbie here.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sygic is worth looking in to (you need the version for the PDA) as that works in these units (its what I have currently got installed), as for TomTom I wouldn't bother the PDA based navigator application is restricted to specific hardware platforms which doesn't stretch to include the Chinese double DIN devices - Mike
davestretty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Chinese in dash satnav systems Reply with quote

Hi, I too (and am sure many others) have an all in one chinese in dash satnav sytem 7" touchscreen running Igo8 in windows CE. I also need to update maps and appreciate the previous reply, but what is Sygic? where can I find it? Is it a map update or a complete satnav system? I would like to stick with Igo8 as I find it very good. I am new to this and would appreciate much more detailed help - Dave
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can look at the Sygic product by clicking Here its a complete application and map package that would replace the IGo you currently have installed. Alternately you can wait for an update to IGo to be released and purchase that for your car unit.

The Double DIN device requires that the application and all related files/ folders are resident on the same SD memory card, the double DIN unit can only accept SD cards so they are limitted to 2GB in capacity. Any nav software must be for the Windows Mobile platform, others such as intended for Nokia etc will not work with your hardware.

Whilst its possible to get TomTom Navigator to run on one of these devices it doesn't work very well with the voice regularly dropping out, product activation is also a far from easy with the TT nav software as the Chinese device isn't a hardware platform on the supported list - Mike
afpe45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one of the options do you choose to enable download (iphone,android,Bada or symbian), I might try this myself.
thanks.
afpe45.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afpe45 wrote:
Which one of the options do you choose to enable download (iphone,android,Bada or symbian), I might try this myself.
You now have three threads going about pretty much the same thing. It's a bit of a job keeping up with you Sad
Why don'nt you get what you have got working before trying other stuff????
afpe45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if I am being a pain but this(sygic) is not for the same car.
please tell me which one to go into to get the sygic software.
thanks again for your trouble,it is much apreciated.
afpe45
mike50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The Double DIN device requires that the application and all related files/ folders are resident on the same SD memory card, the double DIN unit can only accept SD cards so they are limitted to 2GB in capacity.- Mike

Why the 2gb limitation? That would be in the hardware, surely, as SD cards much larger than that are available.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2GB limit is related to the hardware they are not SDHC compliant therefore they don't work with 4GB and higher capacity cards, it might be possible to use a 4GB SD card from TopRam or Trancend as both these manufacturers made 4GB cards that did comply to the SD standard rather than the SDHC standard but finding a stockist of these specific cards will be very difficult these days as they are quite old (circa 4 years) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: