Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Two TomeTom ONE v3 units
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Two TomeTom ONE v3 units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Two TomeTom ONE v3 units Reply with quote

I currently have two ONE v3 units. I use one of them all the time, mainly for the PGPSW camera database and my wife users hers very infrequently. Mine has the lastest UK/Central Europe Map but hers only has the older Western Europe maps.

My unit has now stopped working completely and I was wondering if there is any way transfer the newer map on the other unit. I have a full backup of both units. I have tried a straight-forward restore of one units backup to the other but it does no recognise the newer map.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, The maps are locked to the device they are either suppied with or when updated so sadly you can't swap them over.

If the unit died while in the car attached to the car charger treat the CLA as suspect as they can break and let 12V in to the Nav unit distroying it within mili-seconds, don't use the cable if you think that might have killed the device - Mike
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that would be the case.

I have now been in to the TomTom site and purchased the 18 months for the price of 12 map updates and the site me 10% discount as well as a previous customer so not too bad at all.

The power lead in the car seems to be OK as it has been sucessfully powering the second ONE v3 for the second part of my holiday.

I still prefer the ONE to the latest TomTom units (I also own a XL Live) and as I now have a Life membership for PGPSW camera database as well I will see if I can purchase another ONE v3 second-hand probablt on eBay.

Thanks for your help.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be very careful with what you look at on e-bay. The ONE comes in many different guises and some of them are pure rubbish (I'm thinking of the ONE Third Edition which I received as a free give-away with my new van a few years ago. It was useless, very few menu options).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: