Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Decommissioning in Ireland !!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Decommissioning in Ireland !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raymondmcm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Decommissioning in Ireland !!!! Reply with quote

Looks like Microsoft have decomissioned the Irish highway network ...

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Mickeysoft.

Irish roads gone missing ???

I have Autoroute 2000 and use it quite a lot for holiday planning in Ireland, but when I bought a Garmin etrex GPS I could not get it to work with the software. In the help file it advised to go to control panel and set up my gps ??? there is no gps setting in control panel ???

Anyway, I upgraded to Autoroute 2004 after reading that ...

"Don't Get Lost!
Find out exactly where you are while you're on the road with new real-time GPS tracking (GPS device needs to support NMEA 2.0 or later). Just plug the device into your PC running AutoRoute, and you'll see your location."

and ....

" Plan a Journey Anywhere in Europe
See high quality, up-to-date maps of over 2.5 million miles of motorways, roads and streets in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. "

Then after loading I find there are no roads in Ireland anymore ... or to be more specific there are no roads outside the main areas, but they were there before. :-(

Is there any way I can get my GPS to work with Autoroute 2000 or can I "downgrade" to 2001, 2002 or 2003 as long as it has Irish roads and GPS support.

I wonder what the reply will be Rolling Eyes
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK there are no removal of roads in Northern Ireland, AutoRoute 2000 and AutoRoute 2002 (which is what I use) cover Northern Ireland and in-fact all of Ireland, but 90% of all coverage is around Dublin and Belfast with the odd inter-connecting road.

This is the same with all mapping applications, Ireland coverage is very poor both using NAVTEQ and TeleAtlas data but NAVTEQ data is a little better.
raymondmcm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

I did say Autoroute 2004 was different, 2000 has rural road level coverage of most of Ireland including the Mid west which in 2004 is just a blank, so there are HUGE differences. Admittedly street level in Belfast and Dublin is now much better, but its rediculous that its at the expense of the rest of the country.... A bit like street level in Manchester but to do it you remove everything to the north !! Evil or Very Mad
raymondmcm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, any ideas as to how to get the autoroute 2000 gps add in to work in windows 2000 ? specifically with a Garmin Etrex.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: