Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Combining Fuel Stn POIs' and Camera POIs'
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Combining Fuel Stn POIs' and Camera POIs'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tezza999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Combining Fuel Stn POIs' and Camera POIs' Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been covered before but with the fuel problems I decided to load the latest Camera and Fuel POI's before my journey this weekend. I did try this some time ago and the unit went crazy. This time none of the POIs' were shown but directions were OK.

I have the BMW Motorrad Navigator III which is based on the standard Garmin unit, it is about 5 years old. Any ideas why they do not work properly. I have tried loading them seperately and combining them.
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with the BMW application. Do you use POIloader to transfer POI's to your unit? If so to install different sets of POI's you just need to ensure that the csv files containing the coordinates are all in folders which are subfolders of a single folder - eg a folder called cameras and another called fuel as subfolders of BMWPOI. Each csv file eg gatso30.csv must have a corresponding bmp file eg gatso30.bmp which is the POI image file. Then, when installing, point POIloader to the folder BMWPOI to pick up all the POI's at once. You may need to use an outdated version of POIloader for your unit. There are posts that tell you where to find these old files.
I hope this helps
tezza999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: CombiningPOIs' Reply with quote

Yes I do use POILOADER, tried what you suggested with latest and ver 261 but says I am trying to load too many POIS only 36 allowed but of course I have only 2. Tried to load cameras only as a subfolder with same result. Only way I can load cameras is to point to the subfolder itself but obviously that only contains one set of POIS.
I have now combined both sets of CSV & BMP files in One subfolder and pointed POILOADER to this and it loaded. I will test this on the road but the last time I tried this the unit went loopy and wouldn't give directions properly.
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the manual for your device here
http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/BMWMotorradNavigatorIII_OwnersManual.pdf
It says that POI's can be added using POI loader but gives no indication of any limitations. I do wonder if you may have filled the memory with a lrage map file?
In any case, the user base for this is clearly quite small. Can I suggest that you pass the query on to Garmin Support. A phone call to their 0808 number is usually more fruitful than an email to make first contact.

Let us know how you get on.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: