Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 1005 speed cam warning icon size query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 1005 speed cam warning icon size query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: TomTom 1005 speed cam warning icon size query Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a 1005 after my One XL packed up and most things are good but i've noticed the pocketgps speedcam warning icons that appear in top left of screen are not the large 'X2' size ones but are just the normal icons used to show the POI on map. Can this device display the larger icon as it is easier to see if you missed the voice warning of speed? The box that appears is large size but just shows the small icon in middle with loads of white space around it. I have both size bmp's on device.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To save a lot of typing I'll refer you to This Topic. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for answering my query although it wasn't quite what I hoped for (Damn you TOMTOM) Evil or Very Mad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 1005 speed cam warning icon size query Reply with quote

Playhard wrote:
i've noticed the pocketgps speedcam warning icons that appear in top left of screen are not the large 'X2' size ones but are just the normal icons used to show the POI on map.

Can I just start this up again....

Some time ago I did some investigating with the "x2" icons on the new TomTom models.

At first, I was convinced that the large icons were not being used at all, but eventually I discovered that the file naming is important in a way it never used to be on older models....

I've just double checked my findings and here's the situation on my machines at the moment:

If your double-sized icons are named with ".....X2.bmp" at the end they WILL get used.
But if they are have "....x2.bmp", they WON'T.
In other words, the "X" MUST be a capital letter.

Now, the icons in the PGPSW download ARE named "....X2.bmp", so they should be OK, but I'm not sure if that was always the case.

Suffice to say... I DO get large icons showing if everything is correct, but that MIGHT be because I'm running some newer software than most of you.
Here are some pictures to show what I get, please can you compare them with what you are seeing and report back?

{There should be some screenshots here.... If they aren't showing straight away, try reloading the page or please be patient as my ISP is being really slow at showing images from my webspace}
If they never show, please reply here and I'll move them elsewhere}

Last edited by Andy_P on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bunty1948
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom 1005 speed cam warning icon size query Reply with quote

Playhard wrote:
I have recently purchased a 1005 after my One XL packed up and most things are good but i've noticed the pocketgps speedcam warning icons that appear in top left of screen are not the large 'X2' size ones but are just the normal icons used to show the POI on map. Can this device display the larger icon as it is easier to see if you missed the voice warning of speed? The box that appears is large size but just shows the small icon in middle with loads of white space around it. I have both size bmp's on device.

I have a 1005 running what I believe to be the latest "Official" software and an unedited download of pocket gps speedcam warnings and I certainly get a large icon in the top left of the screen with the small icon on the mapping. The only problem I have is that I also run TT's own speedcam information, belt and braces approach, with a single "ping " sound, but cannot seem to find a way to disable their mapping icons. I therefore get their icon flashing behind pocketgps ones.
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy - I can now see your screenshots although took ages but I have already emailed you seperately.

Bunty - To turn of the TOMTOM cameras just tap on the 'LIVE services' purple icon then choose speed cameras then disable alerts.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Scotts' email....

Quote:
Andy,

I am sure my 1005 is only showing the small icons. I do not have screenshots as difficult to do without driving and taking a photo! However, I can tell I only get small icons as the X2 icons are not just larger but are a different image from small icon whereas I am just getting 2 identical small images (one on map showing POI and one top left of screen).

I have looked at the files on my device and they are X2 with a capital X however I rename my files so that I can use the computer voice to read out a sensible phrase. I have left the X2 in filename but have removed the underscore _. Please see my attached screenshot. Do you think the underscore is important as it obviously works for displaying the small icon without one?

Thanks

Scott

{The attached screenshot showed the files in Explorer with a SPACE before the "X2" on all the double-sized icons}

Hi Scott,
I think the missing underscore might well be your problem.
Old TomToms didn't mind if the "X" was lower or upper case, so if the new ones are being finicky about that, they are likely to be about the underscore too!

Try putting it back in the names and report back (or just try installing ONE of the camera categories from the raw download from PGPSW, without changing any names, and see if that works... I think you'll find it will.
Smile
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy - I have renamed latest speed cam files to sensible names that I want the computer voice to read out as before but left the underscore between words this time. Great news - its has fixed the issue as you suspected it would and I now get the larger 'X2' icon top left Very Happy

Thankfully the computer voice does not pronounce the underscore Laughing

Thanks for all your help, Scott.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: