Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuLink 2320 - missing camera voice prompts?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuLink 2320 - missing camera voice prompts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: nuLink 2320 - missing camera voice prompts? Reply with quote

Recently something has happened to the FM TMC coverage I get on my commuting route, probably as a result of link changes following the Sandy Heath DSO process. The GTM21 receiver has lost signal over half the journey. As a result I have purchased a nuLink 2320 which works much better for traffic data but it has an oddity.

I have downloaded the most recent camera database, with no chimes voice prompts, but unlike my 765T the 2320 does not speak the camera location and speed limit. I have enabled proximity alerts and also audible alerts but to no avail. There is a mass of bonging going on though, apparently when there are no cameras nearby. I have not enabled any Cyclops stuff, the unit may have a trial database but I have not seen anything to indicate this. I do get some red boxy cameras showing where there are average speed cameras, this may be Cyclops.

Anyone else have any ideas about this? Naturally I installed the POIs via POILoader and used the standard settings that I've used forever with previous Garmin devices.

Cheers!

Brian
Fenris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a bit of reading around it would appear that the more recent Garmins, including at least some of the nuLink models, don't cope with MP3 files.

I will try again with the WAV files and see if that fixes the problem.

Brian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the rule of thumb is that if it doesn't have an mp3 player built-in, don't bother trying the mp3 warnings.
Fenris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
I think the rule of thumb is that if it doesn't have an mp3 player built-in, don't bother trying the mp3 warnings.

Indeed, I just didn't know that it didn't as I don't use the GPS for playing music. I'm now wondering what on earth the Audible book player plays, don't tell me that there's yet another incompatible format of audio that has to be catered for! I thought that would be MP3 based, or perhaps AAC.

Ah, I now see that .aa files can have either MP3 or an AAC variant encoded in them, with added DRM goodness. Something else to avoid then....

Brian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: