Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - transferring voices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

transferring voices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: transferring voices Reply with quote

hi
1. wanting to move some voices from tomtom one iq routes to tomtom xl live.
in the voices folder some (that i have previously added) seem to have 3 parts: .bmp .chk and .vif
i presume i simply copy and paste these into my new voices folder on the xl live.
other voices on the old unit only appear to have .chk and .vif extensions (are these the in built ones from tomtom and if so how come they don't have the graphic .bmp as well because when you select one on the unit the graphic for tom say, does appear?
2. with regard to putting my own splash screen on the xl being a larger screen can i still use the one on my ONE unit or do i need to alter its size somehow to fill the wide screen. if so could someone point me in the direction of instructions.
many thanks again.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply copy/ past the required files from the old devices voices folder to the new toys voices folder.

Built in voices don't have an associated bmp file, the image is stored in one of the files within the software.

The bmp file supplied with third party voices work fine on any PND that supports custom voices, widescreen, small screen it really doesn't matter but they don't work on the iPhone app though!

If you need to find out what file corresponds to which voice simply right click the .vif file and select open with/ NotePad, this will display the country of use, gender and name.

For a custom splash screen this MUST be the same image size as the current splash.bmp you will find in the root of the device
320x240 for the smaller units
480x272 for the widescreen format - Mike
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for detailed reply mike.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: