Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Multiple Alerts on Nuvi 765
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Alerts on Nuvi 765

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talbotsunbeam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Multiple Alerts on Nuvi 765 Reply with quote

I hope I have posted this in the correct forum.
I have been using the database for a number of years, and have just changed the format to speed zoned to use the speech warning instead of the tone, and have noticed that I get multiple warnings for some of the cameras. Has anyone any idea how to resolve this, or will I have to revert back to tone warnings.
I cannot find any other real references to this issue throughout the forums, so all advise welcome. Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to the Speed Camera Database section. Smile

Sounds to me like you have still got the other version of the database installed as well.
All three versions of the database (single file, "consolidated" by type (stupid word that!), and speed-zoned) all have ALL the cameras in them, so if you have two versions installed you'll get double warnings.

I'm guessing your Nuvi uses POILoader to add the POI files onto it?
If so, you will be collecting all your files into a folder on your PC and then pointing POILoader to that folder.
SO do you still have the old version of the database in there?
As the three different versions of the database have different file names the new speed-zoned files will NOT have overwritten the old version you were using.

Have a look in that folder, and I would suggest you delete everything with "PocketGPSWorld..." in the filenames. That way you'll be making a clean start and can download the latest speed-zoned version again.
Talbotsunbeam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Multiple Alerts on Nuvi 765 Reply with quote

Hi Andy_P, Thanks for the advice, your guess is correct, I do use the POI loader and I clean out this folder on my PC everytime I update my camera database, so do not think it is that causing the problem.
I also follow the Garmin instructions and remove all previous POI before loading new ones so I was wondering if it is some form of corruption in the POI folder on the actual Garmin unit, but again, I have not really found anything relating to this on the forums.
Any further suggetions or advice would be welcome.
dididocky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have 765, i found i had to go tools/ settings/ proximity points and change settings so only custom POIs were selected other wise the garmin alerts are also active alongside the PGPSW database

hope that helps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: