Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Screen not responding after i dropped my one iq routes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen not responding after i dropped my one iq routes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panason1c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Screen not responding after i dropped my one iq routes Reply with quote

Hi all, I dropped my tomtom one iq routes while it was still in its padded case and it appeared to have a soft landing but when i next used it tapping anywhere on the screen would only activate the volume slider screen page and test voice, it would then randomly work properly but now the screen is not responding whatever i do, i've tried a 'reboot' and the unit boots up ok to the 'owner details' page but will not respond past that when i tap 'continue'. I managed to connect to Home by rebooting while connected to home and updated 'map corrections', etc successfully but no difference.........I've now deleted and re-installed a IE back-up but no difference which leads me to think it is the 'digitizer'or lcd screen faulty?. I've taken the unit apart to check the internal connections and reassembled but still have a frozen screen........... any ideas please?

Does anyone have a screen to sell to me?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our usual advice to people with touch screen problems is to
1. remove any screen protectors
2. take a thin, stiff piece of card (a business card is ideal), and run the corner of it around the edge of the screen UNDER the bezel. This can dislodge any small pieces of grit lodged there which is often the problem..

If that doesn't help, you may have to face the fact you've simply broken it.

I don't know of anywhere that sells spares for TomToms, other than finding a broken one on eBay - but it's usually the screen that's broken!

However, there are a few repairers that advertise, three off the top of my head are:

SatNavRepairService
SatNav-Shop Repairs
FoneFunShop Repairs

I don't have any personal experience of any of them, but the first two have several mentions on this forum, if you do a search for "repair" in just this section.

There's also TomTom's own Scottish repair centre:
Regenersis
1 James Watt Avenue
Westwood Park
Glenrothes
Fife KY7 4UA
Tel: +44 (0) 1592 774704
Fax: +44 (0) 1592 774150

... but I don't think they will deal directly with consumers.

Last edited by Andy_P on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
panason1c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, looks like approx £50 to fix it which makes more sense to buy a new one i think. Sad
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy a new one then sell the broken unit on ebay. They seem to get some money for even faulty units.
panason1c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
If you buy a new one then sell the broken unit on ebay. They seem to get some money for even faulty units.

Cheers, but i'll probably keep it as i might come across a screen on ebay one day.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: