Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Training Courses
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Training Courses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: GPS Training Courses Reply with quote

As a newcomer to this forum and satmap I have been (and still am) ploughing my way through some form of understanding of this amazing device (and for me GPS devices in general).

I noticed whilst surfing the web that there is GPS Training Courses available throughout the country (well in various parts of the country).

Just wondered whether there are any members that have attended ?
outdoorsdel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: GPS training courses Reply with quote

I attended several courses from GPS Training some years ago. They were well done and enjoyable. However they seem more geared towards Garmin than Satmap. On their website you can purchase an online course for Satmap (£10 from memory) which you can access whenever you wish.
coffo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 'outdoors.' Of course an on-line 'course' would be very helpful.

Although doing a personal re-appraisal as a new user I was (am) probably a bit too impatient to get to the finish line

As with all complicated gadgets when one works at it ( apart from the really technical definitions/concepts) one can become reasonably proficient with determined study and use.

I suspect most members of this forum have in fact learnt by doing .....

Coffo
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how the course is structured. If there were sections on each 'use' topic that could be looked at individually when info on that 'use' was wanted, that would be a lot more useful then a 'start line --- plough through the whole field --- finish line' set-up.
coffo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well YES David - couldn't agree more.

I have actually emailed SATMAP mentioning that if the software could have been written with separate entry points to different functions grouped together for (say) The simple woodland Walker/ The Biker/ The Mariner/ The Hill Walker/ etc . -and any other usage one can imagine. For myself I would initially only need to understand and access the functions that 'interest' me rather than being engulfed in functioins I don't (and probably never will) understand or use.

The functions not 'needed' could be set up but hidden until accessed by some form of code

I am pretty certain that the view expressed here of 'sectioning' the software would have been thought of and discussed elsewhere on many occasions.........

As I've written previously on this forum the current version of the SATMAP is an excellent 'Rolls Royce' type product but I don't need to actually ride in it just turn on the radio !

ps still 'luv' it though....
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffo
I seem to recall that last November Satmap did a series of "Meet the Experts" shows at outdoor activity shops around the UK.
I have no idea if they plan to repeat this again, but, if they do, it would be the ideal event for you to visit!
Why not drop them a mail info@satmap.com and see what their plans are?
I have found they respond pretty well to e-mail enquiries.

Roger
coffo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Roger - will follow up !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: