Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Favourites' visibility
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Favourites' visibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxdot
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Favourites' visibility Reply with quote

Hi
I wonder if anyone could explain the fact that my Favourites are not all visible on the map at the same scale? Some appear at 1.2 miles, some at 0.5 mile, some at 800ft and some only at 300ft (these figures are for the earliest they appear, as you go in closer sometimes they are visible, sometimes not). They all have the same symbol – in my case not the default thumb tack which I find less easy to see against the colours of the map but a round red bobble on the end of a pin. Any ideas?
Max
maxdot
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've used my Nuvi 3970 a bit I have one major grouch. I have entered about 150 sites in Favourites of places I want to visit for one reason or another which are divided into various categories. On my old TomTom 730 on which the same sites were entered as custom POIs I could easily see where they were on the map and so either plan a journey to a specific area because there is a concentration of them or plan a detour from a journey I'm making because of some particular site. But on the Garmin, as far as I can tell, there is no sure way of knowing where Favourites are on the map. Since the symbols do not all appear at the same level of zoom, it is next to impossible to know, visually at least, where anything is.
Admittedly, you can consult the list of Favourites and see the distance away of all the sites and their general direction but that is an amazingly clunky way of going about things compared to seeing a map on the screen with each Favourite clearly marked. But that's the general impression I get from my short acquaintance with Garmin: a lovely object, great screen, good list of inbuilt POIs etc. etc., but one whose UI is ponderous to use, needing many taps to do almost anything.
Does anyone have any ideas on the Favourites front? For me that's turning out to be quite a bummer.
Max

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: