Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - When £10 becomes £8 in three easy steps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

When £10 becomes £8 in three easy steps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: When £10 becomes £8 in three easy steps Reply with quote

1. Read the booklet accompanying your new TomTom GO Live 750 which says: "Get £10 to spend on accessories and services ... We'd like to offer you £10 to spend ... register at www.tomtom.com/10"

2. Go to www.tomtom.com/10 and see this:

and register.

3. Receive e-mail from TomTom which says this:

4. There's a step 4, sorry I should have mentioned. It's SCREAM.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring customer services on Monday, on 0845 161 0009 and see what they say.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meantime, check what the GBP value is for 10 Euros. Very Happy

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
LTF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.xe.com says €10 = £8.36 ... but that's not really the point. I checked and double-checked the pound signs in the booklet and on the website (that one you can see for yourself above). They are promising me £10 not €10.

I shall indeed call TomTom in the morning (thanks to www.saynoto0870 I shall be calling them on 020 7387 5444 at no charge to me) and I'll let you know what they say.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTF wrote:
(thanks to www.saynoto0870 I shall be calling them on 020 7387 5444 at no charge to me)

Are you on an unlimited call plan then?
Otherwise the "non geographical" 0845 number can be cheaper on BT than a normal 0207 London number (but for me on a Virgin package its a bit more).
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offered the £10 off after registering a Go540 and got £10.

Since the current level of discount they are offering "everybody" at present I wonder if they have reduced the £10 off to £8 off between making the offer and registering / redeeming?

TT strike again!
Google Nexus One with Google Maps & NDrive
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TomTom offered you £10 off then that is quite clearly what you should have got.

On the other hand during the recent £8 off voucher campaign they seemed quite happy to let you have the £8 off more than once as long as you placed more than one order. Very good value for the Active Dock for the x40/x50 series compared to www.dsldevelopments.com and their price for the same item. Especially if you also took advantage of the 8% cashback available on TomTom website purchases by starting your transaction at www.topcashback.co.uk So only just over £18 for the x40/x50 Active Dock delivered from Holland with UPS, although unfortunately the Brodit mount to attach the item to the car dashboard cannot be had for less than just over £14 each at www.mountonus.com

LTF wrote:
I shall indeed call TomTom in the morning (thanks to www.saynoto0870 I shall be calling them on 020 7387 5444 at no charge to me) and I'll let you know what they say.

Well I'm the man who put the London 020 number alternative number for TomTom on the www.saynoto0870.com website so I am glad to have been of service.

And whilst the forum moderators are right to say that for those who do not have a call plan with BT covering the weekday daytime 0845 is a cheaper call to make this is not true with any other telecoms carrier other than BT and BT only artificially reduced their weekday daytime 0845 rate as a protective measure to stop Ofcom abolishing covert revenue share altogether on 0845 numbers as they did previously with 0870. Anyone with an inclusive minutes calling plan on a mobile will know to their cost that 0845 numbers are not part of their bundled minutes and often cost up to 20p per minute to call. Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: