Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Just purchased a tom tom go live 1000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Just purchased a tom tom go live 1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonywv12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Just purchased a tom tom go live 1000 Reply with quote

Hi there all

I have just purchased a tom tom go 1000 if any has one the same one have a few questions as mine tends to lock up some times on voice activation IE the level will do nothing when spoken to IE it should go green, and when it does not recognise a House number and you say back it asks again for street name instead of House number which has already been recognised before instead of asking to re speak the house number.

just done a update and voice recognition seems not to be locking up freezing now, but go,s back 2 steps when House number not recognised still.

2 lane assist works when entering round about instead of before or if it does come on screen before is very close to junction or roundabout and does not give you time to get in proper lane which defeats the object

3 there is a shadow half way up the screen when in 2d driving mode which may be right but if some one has one does yours do the same

4 when holding on off button down quick there is no start up sound but when held down for 5/6 seconds a start up sound is heard

Answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, I have long since given up on the Go-1000 due to many niggles, the on/ off button is hit-n-miss as you describe, given time you might get used to it. As for your other questions I am going to leave them to others that have an up to date device running the latest Navcore release - Mike
tonywv12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Welcome to the forum, I have long since given up on the Go-1000 due to many niggles, the on/ off button is hit-n-miss as you describe, given time you might get used to it. As for your other questions I am going to leave them to others that have an up to date device running the latest Navcore release - Mike

Thanks for your reply Mike

Yes the on off button seems to work back to front as on my tom tom one it
plays a sound as it turns on which is useful as you can hear it turn on if not looking at the screen

I think the go-1000 when you hold the on off button down for 10-20 seconds it resets the device. but the sound comes on then surely this is back to front
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 740 only plays the TomTom tone whilst doing a reset (hold down for 15 seconds or so). Never during start up or shut down. Seems TT changed this sometime after the One was released.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, no TomTom has ever made a sound on normal switch-on, only when a re-boot happens.
But there were some situations where a device would have a problem where it would re-boot whenever you turned it on....

As for the Go1000, it has no issues or problems at all... ask "extraseller" Laughing
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
As for the Go1000, it has no issues or problems at all... ask "extraseller" Laughing

Don't think I ever said it has NO problems Andy_P just that it IS better than my Garmin 765T, it IS better than my Navigon 40 Premium, it IS better than my Navman 575T. It is MY best navigator to date. Simple as

Now back to the issues

The On / Off button WAS a problem for me early on, but has either resolved itself via the updates or my use has adapted to its requirements! A long press on and a long press off is what I do today (didn't realise this was a re-boot process???), and I still get nearly instant GPS fix and fast start up. I don't get any sounds, never have

Lane guidance and voice navigation have improved in the latest updates (this Friday) - have you updated and re-tried it? Agree that while lane guidance on roads is good, roundabout lane-guidance still needs a little more work. A local one has improved though with the map update and the software update
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: