Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sim Error 1001
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sim Error 1001

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Sim Error 1001 Reply with quote

Just Posting this in case it helps someone else.

On Monday I discovered that the traffic bar never appeared on my 740 in a 100 mile round trip. When i got home and checked the device I found that selecting any of the LIVE services I either got the "subscription info not available" or for some services (like Google) I got a message that said "Something is wrong with the SIM, please contact TomTom Support Error 1001". I also discovered that not only did the network settings say "Not Connected" but the IMEI, SIM ID and Model numbers were all blank.

I rang TT who said their systems were down so couldn't check anything at their end, but recommended I do a factory reset which I did. That didn't help.

I discovered that using Home I could view Network settings and see the IMEI and SIM ID so was confident the device was working and I had a software error.Tried various things, resets, etc, but finally solved the problem.

I saw a posting somewhere about someone who had a SIM problem and had run their Go right down, then charged it from the mains for 12 hours, then all was well. That is what I did. I kept turning the device on until the battery was so low the device would not respond at all. I then left it for 24 hours, followed by 12 hours plugged into a wall charger. When switched on after all this the device came to life, the SIM ID and IMEI info appeared and the device connected properly straight away. My problem now appears to have been fixed.

Hopefully this cycling from very low to very high charge before starting the device will help others.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: