Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Perfect GPS ??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Perfect GPS ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Perfect GPS ?? Reply with quote

Since the 1.5 update and the appearance of the Proshield waterproof case I got to pondering that the Satmap must now be one of the most complete GPS's on the market.

Waterproof,more or less damage proof with the rubber case,large bright screen,OS mapping,geocaching friendly and the Satmap programmers seemed to have listened to us by varying the route colours.I was most impressed in the latest update that they have tried to make the screen more visible in strong sunshine with the Sun Filter,not tried it yet but at least they have made the effort.

Of course there will be one or two things somewhere that could be improved upon ( the Li-Pol battery connection for one ) but that applies to most things and at least the freezingof the early days seems to have gone so there is little need to disconnect it these days.

We all do plenty of complaining from time to time ( me included ) but I think the Satmap bods have done an excellent job in the latest update,and if it does get damaged have a refurb for £25,not many GPS firms offer that.

If I was running Garmin I think I would be slightly worried.

Ian
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely Bosun, Satmap are the most customer-responsive company I have had dealings with. Let's hope this doesn't change now they are trying to penetrate the (much larger, more lucrative) US market.
As for Garmin getting worried - the usual approach to such threats to a large company worried by the success of a small company is for the large company to buy the small company and either assimilate or shut-down their product range. Here's hoping this doesn't happen in this case.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I see that happening...after all, the guys behind it are looking to make money...big money if possible. Long term, (maybe short,) I see no reason for them to hang in there by themselves....sad but true.Long may they remain on the scene, before being swallowed up and no more.
When I was in business, we had a niggly competitor that was a total pain to us and funny enough, to customers. We decided to make them an offer they couldn't refuse, and managed to screw them in the process....closed them down and retained a few people that we were interested in....did everybody a great favour.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: