Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 1000 on M25 junction 13
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 1000 on M25 junction 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Go 1000 on M25 junction 13 Reply with quote

I belong to the generation first started playing with PCs in the early 90s. I have seen how much the technologies evolved since then. As such, I think I am exceptionally tolerant to the odd quirks in new gadgets.
Had Go 1000 for a few weeks now, I have to say I don't have a lot of complaints about it, or I just automatically got over them.

The HD traffic is good, it saved me a lot of time comparing to non-HD model. This is important as I drive in and out of London a lot.

The software is still quite slow in places, especially when you press the voice command button, you have to wait for 2-3 seconds for the unit to be ready for spoken commands.

One thing did annoy me was whenever I drive anti-clockwise on M25, it always tries to send me down the slip road at junction 13 (Staines) and send me back up again after the junction. It is almost like it thinks the slip road is a shorter route due to the shape of M25 at that location. Never happened on any other Tomtom models I had, seems there have been some changes to the routing algorithms and it is not quite getting the "stickiness" of motorway right.

Anyone else noticed this kind of problems?
jaycr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so weird. I travel past that junction most days both clockwise and anti clockwise and that's never happened to me. Isn't it strange that it can happen with one unit and not another? I had the same problem with a Garmin 3790t ..... it kept taking me off at sliproads and then back down the other side but it was only that particular unit. My mate tried it with his and it was okay!!!! Can't explain it!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it's possible that the GPS receiver on these particular units is a tiny bit out of sync/tune? I have heard of people losing GPS completely and needing the aerial realigning.
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a similar problem on a GO 940 on the eastbound A13 at the new Movers Lane underpass where the device always insisted that I should go off the A13, up to the traffic lights, straight on and back onto the on-slip.

I fixed this one using map-share by making straight-on at the traffic lights unavailable as a junction option, but they have fixed it anyway on my newer GO 950.
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: