Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fortuna clip On + bluePAQ
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortuna clip On + bluePAQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve_T
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Fortuna clip On + bluePAQ Reply with quote

Newbie post, so go easy on me please.

I've just bought a Fortuna Clip-on, because the connection into my iPAQ (H3630, running PocketPC 2000) for the old serial receiver is unreliable. I intend (if I ever get this lot working) to use the clip-on with Tom Tom 3. I'm working with scant documentation and not enough sleep, so excuse the rambling style.

I have a bluePAQ jacket which does seem to communicate with the clip-on of a fashion. The blue lights flickering briefly on both sides, before going out. If I run Settings/System/Bluetooth, I can see the ClipOn registered as a Bluetooth device. However, if I run Programs/Connections/Bluetooth LAN and select the ClipOn, I get a dialog displaying "Couldn't connect to Selected Device Pick new device from the list?" Yes/No. I'm not sure if I need to do this, but it doesn't bode well. If, within the GPS config for Tom Tom, I select NMEA 0183v2 38400, Bluetooth SPPC, the same occurs. Blue lights flicker briefly and then the same annoying dialog is displayed.

I feel like I'm one step away from getting this to work, so GPS and Bluetooth gurus - help! What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Steve.
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

I'm no expert here but some things you say seem a bit confusing to me. For instance you say "if I run Programs/Connections/Bluetooth LAN and select the ClipOn" Why would you thing it is a Bluetooth LAN device. My Clip-on is paired as an SPP slave. May be this is your problem - you think it is a network device like a modem.

Go to Today>Bluetooth Manager>New>Explore a Bluetooth device. Follow the wizard ... put in the pass key '0000' and you should be paired as an SPP slave.

Now try connecting to TT - NMEA 0183v2 38400, For me on my 2210 I user COM port 8 for you it might be COM port 5.

Good luck
Steve_T
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Bluetooth Manager on my old iPAQ. In the end I gave up and bought a new iPAQ with bluetooth built in. Much easier this time, a few clicks and we're in business. Thanks for the reply though, I bought a 2210 too and had Tom Tom hooked in seconds based on the contents.

Steve.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the add-on Bluetooth products seem to have problems - I think you've done yourself a favour replacing your Pocket PC with one that has built in Bluetooth.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: