Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - have they got me??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

have they got me??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipmonk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: have they got me?? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I saw recently a thread about tomtom and the plan to stop us using your warnings,i thought you said not to install ver 9??
well the thing is I cant now see on my 910 where to add or change my voice alerts for the cameras, have I downloaded the wrong version and if so how can I get rid of it please and what is the best last version to have

tomtom 910
Ver 7.903
[9183/40301] os1000
Gps v1.21,boot 1.0012
thanks
chipmonk
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have followed a tip mentioned on this forum almost everyday and backed up your device you can restore that.
chipmonk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric thanks for the reply
are you then saying that the version I have mentioned above is the bad ass one and need to remove it.
the thread I saw gave instructions on how to remove the version mentioned but I cant find it ,it didn't mention doing a restore but to delete is some how
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chipmonk, According to TomTom's own website the v7.903 was the last official release for the Go x10 models. v9.xxx does not normally work; even for the Go's x20/x30's. The last release for these was v8.351 which, as you can see from my signature, is what I am using BUT i do not know if this shall work for you or provide any significant benefit to your 910 if it does work.

As EricWB asked earlier, Did you make a Backup of your TomTom before upgrading?
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7,903 is the latest Navcore version for your device, if you install software intended for a different device then I won't be too surprised if it doesn't work correctly.
There is no point in putting a Navcore software load from an x20/ x30/ x40 or x50 on a Go-910 as the software is expecting IQ Routes-2, reality view and ALG to name just a few features that the 910 doesn't support.

Get the device back to 7,903 and you won't have any issues with POI loading or POI Warnings, it will simply work as intended, if you need advice on how to do this simply ask in your next reply - Mike
chipmonk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alionhols and mike,
thanks both for your reply
I did do a manuel backup a while ago on my d drive of the whole device

yes please mike I would like advice please
many thanks for your time
chipmonk

new edit
mike I have just turned on my 910 and tapped the signal bar to see the version No again and it is 7.903 yet i am having problems finding where to edit the spoken word by typing in the message for cameras ??
tap screen .. choose change preferences .. tap again .. blue arrow .. manage POI,s . warn when near POI..choose any pockets speed camera .prompted to remove warning.. no .. type in your own warning. warn only if on route no tick.. at this stage I used to get to hear the warning but it goes back to manage POI,s ?? is this right
cheers chipmonk

Last edited by chipmonk on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect the device to the PC if Home starts up shut it down.

Fire up Windows Explorer and loacte the drive letter associated with your 910, open this by clicking on it.

Once open you will see a load of folders and some loose files, delete the files, DO NOT TOUCH ANY FOLDERS OR FILES WITHIN FOLDERS.

Start TomTom Home on the PC and select to update your device, this will download and install the correct application (7,903) for your devce - Mike
chipmonk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike I have just turned on my 910 and tapped the signal bar to see the version No again and it is 7.903 yet i am having problems finding where to edit the spoken word by typing in the message for cameras ??
tap screen .. choose change preferences .. tap again .. blue arrow .. manage POI,s . warn when near POI..choose any pockets speed camera .prompted to remove warning.. no .. type in your own warning. warn only if on route no tick.. at this stage I used to get to hear the warning but it goes back to manage POI,s ?? is this right
cheers chipmonk

thanks mike.this time I will copy you instruction to notepad to notepad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall any unit playing a preview of text entered for a speed camera POI category, that said I haven't use 7,903 as my 910 died a year or two back!

Assuming you get to type the text in you want the device to speak when approaching a camera try the AtoB planning to set a route past a camera to ensure its working ok:

AtoB Planning
Set departure point as Address/ Postcode FY43NN number 95
Set destination point as Address/ Postcode PT41AX number 34 (if requ)

Once planned use the "Show Route Demo" option set to 100% speed you should get a Gatso 30 warning followed by a Mobile 30 warning within the first couple of minutes - Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I don't recall any unit playing a preview of text entered for a speed camera POI category, that said I haven't use 7,903 as my 910 died a year or two back!
There is no preview of typed in text, only with the built-in sound effects.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
chipmonk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again Mike
i will try it later
cheers chipmonk
chipmonk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks oldboy

ive have much to do,i have just realised the home prferences arent setup correct due to a pc problem i deleted my old user acount a few months ago and created a new profile so the tt home is pointed to the wrong or no sections,
cheers lads any way
chipmonk
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
There is no preview of typed in text, only with the built-in sound effects.

I was looking to change the typed warnings on my Go 520 having renamed the cphonemes.dat and installed Loquendo 7 so that I can finally get rid of the stupid "A four thousand three hundred and twenty three" messages. Unfortunately the pronouncement of "Gatso" has suffered in this and I wanted to change the spelling to put it right. I was unable to find a facility to preview the typed in text but I am sure I spent a rainy evening in a Backpool hotel several years ago when I got my Go 520 setting it up in just this way.

Has the facility been present in an earlier version of firmware and removed by TT on the grounds that "it might be useful and make things easier for users so we will remove it"?

Can I use the Loquendo files to change the pronunciation in the same way that "s" becomes "South" etc?
Google Nexus One with Google Maps & NDrive
chipmonk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys I think mine is back on track now after tweaking the PC and tt except i,m sure tt has changed the menu for the 910 as b4 i could run the written text camera info and correct how it sounded by using gaps and commas etc so its thanks again all for your help
cheers chipmonk
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenglide wrote:
Unfortunately the pronouncement of "Gatso" has suffered in this and I wanted to change the spelling to put it right.
Most mis-pronounced words can be corrected by breaking the word into syllables.

The Loquendo files for the 910 series are completely different to the smaller files used in the x20 series onwards, and I don't have any experience of them.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: