Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map Error Reporting Tele Atlas.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map Error Reporting Tele Atlas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Map Error Reporting Tele Atlas. Reply with quote

After years of using Map Share and nothing ever happening, I decided to retry Tele Atlas own map error reporting system. www.teleatlas.com

Reported map error on 12/08/2010
Feedback received from my report

Map Insight Report Status
Add a street or map feature
We have received your report.
We see the problem.
We are working on it.
We have completed work on it.
Report Status

Your report has been processed by Tele Atlas. No further work is planned.

I noticed on their map reporting site their maps could be 2 years old? as it says at the bottom.... Copyright 2008 Tele Atlas. All rights reserved.

Google Maps still does not have my correction, so am I still just better off banging my head on a brick wall?

Anyone else tried this recently? (Not the banging your head on a brickwall) Laughing
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not reported any recently but I have recently had emails back confirming that a few of the many corrections that I have sent them in the past have been actioned.

Unfortunately the ones that they said had been actioned were so old that I couldn't actually remember what I had asked them to change. Embarassed
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the system to report the A358 between Bishops Lydeard & Nethercott which is completely wrong, especially around Combe Florey, according to my old TomTom I was driving on a railway line! Shocked
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent the past 5 years correcting roads for TeleAtlas around the Stamford area, and NONE have them have been accepted so far..

One is the junction of a side road near Uffington with the main A16, that TT is CONVINCED is the main road...
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5138
Map : "Europe_North" v 900.4602
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Map Error Reporting Tele Atlas. Reply with quote

technik wrote:
Reported map error on 12/08/2010
Feedback received from my report

Map Insight Report Status
Add a street or map feature
We have received your report.
We see the problem.
We are working on it.
We have completed work on it.
Report Status

Your report has been processed by Tele Atlas. No further work is planned.

I noticed on their map reporting site their maps could be 2 years old? as it says at the bottom.... Copyright 2008 Tele Atlas. All rights reserved.

Google Maps still does not have my correction, so am I still just better off banging my head on a brick wall?

Previously Teleatlas's strategy for Map Insight reports was just to leave things stuck at the "We have received your report" stage from where they then proceeded no further. It looks like Teleatlas's senior management (or rather TomTom's since some of the senior directors of both organisations sit on precisley the same TomTom Board) have finally realised that customers are getting extremely annoyed at their map reports just being openly and honestly ignored so that their new strategy is to change the computer robot to now make it look to the more naive customer as though something is actually happening with their report, even though their report has in fact simply been ignored just as it always was in the past.

Personally I just don't see how TomTom can continue to get away with aggressively selling map update subscription services and/or charging a fortune for a supposedly new version of the same map only for customers to find that serious map errors stretching back two or three years or more still persist. It really is high time that some form of group legal action was brought to bear against TomTom and Teleatlas over the claims made regarding the content of their supposedly new map versions and so called map update services versus the sad reality of their maps containing serious errors that have long since been corrected in numerous other map sources. Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: