Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with XL Live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with XL Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Problem with XL Live Reply with quote

Since I last updated with the latest PGPSW camera database my XL Live nows gives a "speech" each time it comes near to a camera. All I want it to do is "beep beep"

I've tried going in to Manage POI and selecting one of the camera entries. I select that I DO NOT want to delete it. It then asks what distance for the warning - I enter the distance and it then say "Is this the warning you want to hear" I select No and it comes up with a screen which says "No photos found" and then locks up

I've tried removing all the camera entries and re-applying them but the same happens. My XL is loaded with the latest software and camera database.

Anyone any ideas?

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look in your UK&ROI or Western_Europe map folder and remove the files that have a ".ogg" file extension, these are the audio files the unit is playing - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is a well-known bug in the software, but it usually only affects people who DO want the voice alerts!

If you install the optional voice files (.ogg format) into the map folder, the software automatically uses them, but during the setup process it asks this question "Is this the sound you want to use?" even though you haven't heard anything.
You have to answer "yes" to use the voice alerts, but if you answer "no" you get this spurious message about photographs and the machine usually locks up or crashes.

The situation never normally arrises if you DON'T want to use voice alerts, because you don't install the voice files.

Somehow it looks like you have done....

Connect the TT to your computer, run Windows Explorer and look in the map folder (Western Europe or UK and Ireland or whatever).

Ensure you have Explorer set to show the 3-letter file extensions (Tools/ Folder options/View tab - UN-tick where it says "Hide extension for known file types")

Then look for any files with .ogg as the file extension (easiest to do this if you click on the heading for "File type" so it sorts them all together).

They will all have names beginning "PocketGPSWorld...." Delete any you find.

Next time you go to the set-up for the cameras, it will not ask the question.

(EDIT: Damn - beaten to it by Mike. Did it really take me that long to type all of the above!)
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I've just done as you suggest and all seems to be OK.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: