Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrading from TT2 to TT3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading from TT2 to TT3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainady
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Upgrading from TT2 to TT3 Reply with quote

Im sure this has already been asked and if so I appologise but I couldnt find the info I needed.

Im preparing to update my TomTom to version 3. If I do that what happens to my current favorites stored on my system. I cannot seem to find them anywhere. I was trying to store those favorites on my PC, install TT3 over TT2 and then reinstall all my favorites.

Is there a way of doing what I want or will TT3 automatically save my favorites when I install TT3.

Thanks in advance

Andy Booth
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum.

You will probably loose your favourites when you upgrade to TTNav3. I didn’t but I seem to be in the minority. However I only had three favourites set so that may be the reason.

To safeguard your favourites, create a POI and save them there. It is much safer, as you can lose the favourites if TTNav ever has a “blip”. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
rainady
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robert,

Do I create a POI for each of my favorites or one POI for all of them. If its one for all, could you explain how to do that. If I have to create a number of POI's can they be named or is it just a case of storing the info I need until I have updated to TT3?

I seem to remember finding a load of POI's that I had installed previously by I stumped if I can find them now. Where within the PDA are they stored?

I feel so thick here.

Andy
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

No worries. You can name the POI anything you like. I use a POI called “Friends_and_Family.ov2” note the underscore (instead of spaces) and the lack of the ampersand (“&”), both the ampersand and spaces can cause problems. You can literally have 1,000s of locations in each POI file.

The POIs should be placed in the same place as your map data, which is normally on your storage card: \Storage Card\Great_Britain Navigator Map

If you look in Properties | POI you should see all of the POIs (both TomTom default) and your own that you have loaded. Hit the check box for each one you want displayed on the map or Navigator screen. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
rainady
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I identify my favorite, click on it and it brings up another box, I click on add as a POI. This it where it seems to go wrong, I seem to need to add a new type of POI. I have New type highlighted in the first box and then in the second box, I can type in something like 'Work_Places_I_Visit. In the third box below that, it has the name of the favorite I have first selected. I click on OK.
When I then go to the Select POI in the Navigation screens, I cannot find anything.

Im obviously missing something fundemental.

Please help. On the other hand, I could just wait until after my business meetings this week, install TT3 and try and find the locations I need again and save them as favorites again.

Why is life always difficult for me?

Andy
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Try shutting down TomTom Navigator (TTNav) and restarting it. Go into Properties | POI and the POI “'Work_Places_I_Visit” should be there. Ensure that “'Work_Places_I_Visit” are checked and that the “Show points of interest” box at the top is also checked and you should be able to see your new POIs.

If this doesn’t work then you may need to create a “'Work_Places_I_Visit.BMP” file which is a 22x22 pixel BMP which should be no more than an 8bit (256) colour bitmap file. You can create it using MS Paint and set the attributes to 22 x 22 pixels. You may find that you get a default BMP logo that is a yellow box, surrounded by a black border, with a black asterisk in it.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: