Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fortuna Clip-on with HP 2210 iPaq + TomTom 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortuna Clip-on with HP 2210 iPaq + TomTom 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeilScarrott
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Fortuna Clip-on with HP 2210 iPaq + TomTom 2 Reply with quote

Just thought I'd let everybody know, found this combination to work very well. Just made the move from an old Palm Vx GPS to this and it's streets ahead :D

I thought i'd got away with the 2210 Bluetooth Manager poppup issue but after 45 minutes it happened so I have had to mod the registry, but otherwise a great combination, very accurate and a changable battery with the fortuna.

Neil
bigfatjohn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to know Neil.

I've have endless connectivity problems with my TomTom BT receiver. Not the drop outs that everyone else gets but rather getting it to connect in the first place. I've done the registry mod.

I've just been playing with a mates Fortuna and it connects every time. First thing tomorrow I'm binning the Tom tom and ordering a Fortuna.
noggin_the_nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the 'registry mod'? I am planning on using a Fortuna clip-on with HP2210 and Navigon software.
NeilScarrott
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The registry mod I used was via an application called Bluetooth tweaker available here

http://www.handango.com/servlet/d/btregtweak14setup.exe?s=1&p=96903&secw=6fde417a

Some people especially with 2210 iPaqs report that Bluetooth manager pops up every so often asking them to select what bluetooth connection to use (to connect to the GPS), this of course can be annoying if you are driving for instance.

This application allows you to basically let the software auto select the Bluetooth connection to use (if you only have one bluetooth connection to a GPS and don't use bluetooth for anything else it will select the connection and continue without prompting you).

You can enable this by going into the bluetooth tweaker application and selecting Automatic (Background) connection and the correct iPaq from the drop down list, i.e. 2210 and then click ok and soft reset your iPaq.

Now you will not get any popups. Beware however you probably wouldn't want to enable this if you use other bluetooth devices i.e. a mobile phone connection for sending email, as it may auto select the wrong bluetooth connection, i.e. your phone when it wants the Fortuna GPS!

Hope that explains.
Neil
noggin_the_nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: