Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Travel Via Icons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Via Icons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Travel Via Icons Reply with quote

When you use the "travel via" function for a POI along the route such as a service station, a list of service stations appears with "diversion" icons, these can be blue, green or amber. I am guessing that the colour means how close to the route they are with blue, then green then amber indicating increased distance. Does anyone know if this is correct, what the approximate distances are off the route and is there any way you can easily see how far off the route they are?

This caused an issue when travelling down the M5 towards Exeter when the kids wanted a Macdonalds for lunch and the first one shown on route was a Newton Abbot but we passed some at services which were just off the junction roundabouts but these showed as off route, whilst others were in the centre of Exeter which was far off the route.
JoolsTwo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the green one means it's on the route, the yellow one means it's near the route, not sure the exact distance though. Not seen the blue one, on my ONE if it's nowhere near the route it doesn't have an icon. The distance shown is how far from the start point (as the crow flies) (ie. approx how far along the route) not the distance from the route. if you select one you will see the actual route distance is often quite a lot longer.

If you select POI along the route it will only show POIs that are near the route, probably less than a mile, otherwise it will say no POI found. Although near the route means as the crow flies, not how easy to get to, e.g. it will show ones next to a motorway even if there is no exit nearby.
It will only show POIs not near the route if you choose the near home, near destination or in a city option.

Edit:
found this in my manual
There are several icons used beside Points of Interest in the list. A straight green arrow means that the POI is on your route; a bent green arrow means that a small detour from your route is needed to reach it; a bent yellow arrow means that this POI needs a bigger detour from your route; finally, with no icon shown, the POI is not on your route at all.

shires999
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The straight one is definately blue. rarely see it though.
When I use this for finding Motorway services they are nearly always the bent green icon as techincally you have to come off the motorway to get to them.
To see the straight blue icon, plot a route and tehn travel via a speed camera you know is on that route and on your side of the road. I've seen the manual as well and it's wrong.
JoolsTwo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shires999 wrote:
The straight one is definately blue. rarely see it though.

straight one is green on mine, obviously varies between models

MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, that information is not in any of the manuals I have.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: